If you live outside MN, where are you watching the games?

kramer

aka pullmangopher
Reaction score
Here's a post similar to one posted below about the away games. If you live outstate for home and away games, where will you be watching so that you can meet up with fellow gopher fans? Feel free to send me a message if you're living in the Spokane WA/North Idaho area because I'm trying to put together a crew of gopher fans...

...Apologies if this has been posted before.

I'll be at the local sports bar watching most of the games.

I live in Pasadena, and I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. I won't have BTN and I don't even know if it is possible to get it out here. Last year when I lived in Colorado I listened to most of the games on internet radio. Any other Southern Californians out there?

I live in Pasadena, and I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. I won't have BTN and I don't even know if it is possible to get it out here. Last year when I lived in Colorado I listened to most of the games on internet radio. Any other Southern Californians out there?

I'm in WA, have comcast, and pay 5 bucks a month for the package that gives me big ten network, nfl network, etc. Not sure what you all have in SoCal. For the games not on the big ten network, I hole up at the bar and inevitably run into some MN fans.

Pretty sure the Red Ivy in Wrigleyville is once again the home of the Gophers in Chicago.

The Puget Sound chapter of the UMAA at Spectators Grill in Lower Queen Anne

If you don't mind fraternizing with the enemy, several other Televen alumni groups have viewing parties. Michigan goes to Rocksport on Fauntleroy Way in West Seattle. Ohio State fans meet at Sport, on the ground floor of Fisher Plaza across from the Space Needle. If you feel the need to fraternize with red weasel alumni, they're at the Mustard Seed in the Overlake area of Redmond.

Also, in addition to having a viewing party (Lucky 7 Bar in downtown Kirkland), Nebraska alumni have sponsored two stations to be Cornhusker radio addiliates. I believe it was 1300-something out of either Kirkland or Bellevue.

Know of any Gopher Bars in Milwaukee? I can watch it at home on BTN most weekends but it would be nice to watch the games with fellow Gopher rubes living behind enemy lines.

Out of state Gopher fans!

Hey everyone!
Really cool to see many Gopher fans outside the state!!

Are there any of us fans in the southern US?
Florida? Alabama? Tennessee? Kentucky?:D
Just wondering.

Go Gophers!!

I live in Colorado Springs and plan on watching the games on BTN but if there are any gopher fans near I would be more than willing to go to a bar. Being that this is the home of Air Force I am disappointed that Minnesota and Air Force are doing a home and home...:(

None of you are in New England, are ya? The Gopher presence here is extremely lacking.

Know of any Gopher Bars in Milwaukee? I can watch it at home on BTN most weekends but it would be nice to watch the games with fellow Gopher rubes living behind enemy lines.

I'm in Milwaukee too. I don't think there is a designated Gopher bar but I was thinking about checking with the Milwaukee chapter of the UMAA to find out.

Not many Gophers flags flying outside on game days in Oklahoma. In fact, only one that I know of. DirecTV and BTN.

I Just got rid of Cox communications in San Diego and picked up ATT Uverse because they do have BTN and a ton of other great things. I plan on having all of the Minnesota US Navy surgeons hangin out at my place. About 10 of us including spouses. Gopher flags do fly in SoCal

Internet radio. Usually at 1:00 am in Coorg, India.

I live in West Des Moines, IA and will be watching on DirectTV in my brand new house! : )

Omaha. A lot of the games have been on cable, though BTN still hasn't worked out a deal. When we have to, we go to a sports bar in the Miracle Hills area.

I'm the lone standing Gopher Fan in Alabama and pay extra for BTN, but also catch some games at Buffalo Wild Wings. I think maybe I caught some games on Fox Sports North as well.

San Diego

I Just got rid of Cox communications in San Diego and picked up ATT Uverse because they do have BTN and a ton of other great things. I plan on having all of the Minnesota US Navy surgeons hangin out at my place. About 10 of us including spouses. Gopher flags do fly in SoCal

When I was living in Pacific Beach I watched all the gopher games at the Aussie Pub on the corner of Grand and Cass in PB. It's a couple blocks off the beach, has a couple of TV's outside and tons inside and always some nice looking bartenders. It's listed as a Packer bar, but is really a Big Ten bar on Saturdays. For Axe games in the past the place has been about 50/50. Gopher/Badger fans. Do you work at Balboa?

I'm assuming BWW, but hopefully I can get the BTN down in Phoenix...if nothing else I'll just take over the chapter house at ASU and watch the game since everyone there should be passed out anyway for the 9am PST kickoffs.

It looks like a nice contingent, the Denver Alumni Chapter, will be watching games at The Old Hole in Denver (I believe it's 990 S. Oneida St.) It's basically southeast Denver. If anyone else here from Colorado thinks they may join this watch party, please let me know as I am going to be heading there myself.

I live in West Des Moines, IA and will be watching on DirectTV in my brand new house! : )

I'm in Johnston, IA doing the same. We should see if Gopher in Iowa is anywhere near us and join up for a game? I've only been here for a few months, but there is a BWW close to you isn't there?

When I was living in Pacific Beach I watched all the gopher games at the Aussie Pub on the corner of Grand and Cass in PB. It's a couple blocks off the beach, has a couple of TV's outside and tons inside and always some nice looking bartenders. It's listed as a Packer bar, but is really a Big Ten bar on Saturdays. For Axe games in the past the place has been about 50/50. Gopher/Badger fans. Do you work at Balboa?

Thanks for the advice on where to go. I do have some Becky "friends" that I can take with me for the Ax game. Mrs Auego4 is at Balboa and I get to be the spouse.

The Alumni Assoc. in Milwaukee is hosting a viewing party for the Air Force game at Zimms Bar with specials starting at 5:30. There will be door prizes for people who show up in Maroon and Gold and you have to RSVP to [email protected] if you want to go. The Milwaukee chapter says that there are 5,000 alumni in the area so that would be really cool to pack the place for the first home game.

Not sure if they are doing anything for the other games or not, I placed a call to find out.

Living in Spokane, just starting law school. I'll either watch BTN at my place or go out to a sports bar with some of my UWash friends and watch the Gophers as well as all the other games. Can't wait for the first 8 to 7 for 6!

Top Bottom