If you have a question for coach Kill that you'd like Dave Mona to ask . . .

DL65

Reaction score
on the Sports Huddle, please submit it in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Go Gophers!!

Last year, MarQueis Gray had the third most rushing yards per game among all quarterbacks at the BCS level and was sixth nationally in yards rushed by a quarterback. However, his total represented more than half of the Gophers total rushing yards. At Northern Illinois, Chandler Harnish ran the ball a lot, but running backs like Chad Spann and Me'co Brown typically carried it more, with Spann more of the so-called workhorse back.

Do you expect the Gophers' running backs to carry more of the load this year and has the offensive line improved enough during the offseason to allow that to happen?

do you expect to get regular snaps for your backup quarterback during the season? -- AND - how many snaps a game would you like to see the backup (or backups) get in a typical game?

When does Coach Kill and his staff take a vacation? Going to speak at a Brainerd event does not count. Doesn't he need that to recharge his battery?

Next Activity with Both Players and Coaches

The next activity where the players and the coaches are allowed to be together is fall camp. When will it begin? How many players are you allowed to have at fall camp under NCAA rules? How do you select who those players are going to be? Will any of the practices be open?

Football Complex

I have read that you have commentated that you would like to see the football complex and TFC stadium in close proximity of each other so you can everything together. Are there any plans and/or discussions going on to make this a reality? How do you feel this would make your program better?

New Academic Standards

The new academic standards have just been released that are scheduled to take effect in the fall of 2016. A survey conducted by the NCAA indicated that of all freshmen football players to enroll at Division I schools last fall, approximately 40 percent would have failed to meet the 2016 requirements. What is your opinion of the new rules change and how do you believe it will be the impact of the way you and other schools recruit? Do you believe that some schools may be more adversely affected by these changes than others? How do you expect it will affect Minnesota?

For the first time in a long time, the Gopher football players/team will enjoy having the same position coaches and coordinators two consecutive years. The current Gopher coaching staff is recognized for its loyalty and longevity.

1) What factors or reasons do you attribute to the coaching staff's longevity? Have you had to frequently fend off other schools trying to poach your coaches/coordinators? If the Gophers enjoy greater success, no doubt other schools will probably try to get a coach or two to switch, what will you need to do to retain the coaches and the team's coaching chemistry?

2) What resources (missing,if any) do you need to move the team forward and upward in the conference? What's the number one resource-related priority?

3) Because of the dearth of conference championships since the 1960s, do you experience negative recruiting by opposing coaching staffs? Why do you think Minnesota has not been successful for more than four decades, especially considering their storied football history before the drought? What does the coaching staff and school need to do to change the Gopher football culture of the late 20th and early 21st Century?

4) On the surface it appears Minnesota has many attractive assets for recruiting top notch players (highly rated/publicized recruits), and yet, according to comments in publications by some conference coaches, Minnesota is hard to recruit to - fact or fiction - if so, why?

Go Gophers!!

Thanks DL. I particularly found your question number 4 to be very interesting. Hopefully it gets discussed.

Will you ever work with the Minnesota High School League of Football Coaches to implement a strength and conditioning OR Power Lifting program at the High School level?

Will you incorporate the "kick-it-forward-out-of-bounds-play" like Nebraska did against us?

So what's up with Brendan Biel - Is he playing this year? What's the plan for him?

What's going on with the Punters? Heard we may get a late recruit added for this season.

Can we redshirt our incoming freshman defensive players?

Can our defensive tackles Hageman, Johnson, Jacques, Legania & Botticelli allow guys like Epke to redshirt?

What he thinks our biggest need is coming out of spring practice.

One name we haven't heard much about (non-scholly) that we'll see get PT this year.

Huge thanks for the recap each week DL.

I can't stand stand listening to Sid clear his throat, so I don't listen. Keep up the great work!

What does Coach Kill or Dave think about fans traveling to road games earning Gopher Points? I would think it would be easy to track if the tickets are purchased through the U's ticket office.

Top Bottom