If you are on the ticket waiting list

husker70

Reaction score
Be patient you will be rewarded very soon. This performance will tip the how neat TCF crowd is toward the they barely beat or they don't play crowd. I orignially thought TCF would have a 5 year renewal life. But today I am thinking that at least 5% will not renew this year, and it could escalate. A season ending loss will not go well with that renewal notice.

How many of the 5% is students. Today was pathetic.

Did you notice that they announced today as a sellout and then stated that the ATTENDANCE was 50805. Please, everyone in there could see there was no where near 50000 in there. Lies I tell you.

michigan

we have the same schedule. They have a multi million dollar coach. They have better talent from top to bottum. They are 8-15. We are 13-11 with a bowl game. Does Michigan miss two bowl games in a row and fire the coach now?

we have the same schedule. They have a multi million dollar coach. They have better talent from top to bottum. They are 8-15. We are 13-11 with a bowl game. Does Michigan miss two bowl games in a row and fire the coach now?

The difference is that RichRod has proven is offense will work at 3 different locations and has had success as a head coach. He also knew and expressed at the start that the players Michigan had did not fit his offensive scheme, see Ryan Mallett transferring to Arkansas. But rather than waffling like Brewster and trying a new offense every two years he is sticking to what he knows and believes in and he has proven he can win with. He is getting the recruits they need now, however next year will be a huge year for him and he may be gone after year 3.

It was a sell-out, every ticket was sold, that's the only definition of a sell-out. Like every other team, they announce paid attendance, not actual attendance.

Disappointed

I for one started to purchase football season tickets back 4 years ago to start to earn "Gopher Points" anticipating to be able to purchase greats seat in the new TCF Bank stadium. I don't even live in Minnesota.

Well, when the time came around, my options to select and purchase seats were no better than some of our own Gopherholers who never had season tickets!

Due to the economic down turn, I am actually considering NOT renewing my premium tickets. With the upcoming season home schedules, they're really aren't that attractive. Aside from the following games in upcoming seasons, other home games don't have enough umph to pull me back into town:

2010-2011: USC
2011-2012: No home games I'm interested in
2012-2013: Michigan

Yup, I may be that 5% that won't renew!

What? Sorry, but looking at the upcoming home non-conference schedule as a reason to not renew is complete and total BS. Take a look at the non-conference schedules of other Big Ten teams and come back here to tell me ours does not rank up there at or very near the top of the list.

Disappointed in the team? Fine. Frustrated with Brewster? Fine. Upset about the non-conference schedule? Learn something about college football.

I for one started to purchase football season tickets back 4 years ago to start to earn "Gopher Points" anticipating to be able to purchase greats seat in the new TCF Bank stadium. I don't even live in Minnesota.

Well, when the time came around, my options to select and purchase seats were no better than some of our own Gopherholers who never had season tickets!

Due to the economic down turn, I am actually considering NOT renewing my premium tickets. With the upcoming season home schedules, they're really aren't that attractive. Aside from the following games in upcoming seasons, other home games don't have enough umph to pull me back into town:

2010-2011: USC
2011-2012: No home games I'm interested in
2012-2013: Michigan

Yup, I may be that 5% that won't renew!

If 10,000 are students, 5% of the 40,000 balance is only 2000. I would expect to lose that many in a very good year just from all the various reasons people can't renew. It would be easy to lose 5000 seats (2500 couples) in a sub par year. I think the students get a bum rap. There are empty seats in my section (211) and there are way to many that are sold to opposing fans.

A bad home schedule for next year?
I guess USC, Ohio St, Penn St and Iowa don't count.

Good. The whiners and pouters can get the hell out. I'd rather have a stadium half full with 25,000 who give a damn that a "full house" where everyone sits on their hands and bitches about the hot dogs.

Good. The whiners and pouters can get the hell out. I'd rather have a stadium half full with 25,000 who give a damn that a "full house" where everyone sits on their hands and bitches about the hot dogs.

It's called:

1) Out of state
2) $500 for two tickets
3) Another $2000 for two premium seats!
4) Only make it back once a year

Yeah...it's time to call it stop donating!

What can we do with $2500? Hmmm...lots of other good things!

Anyone know when current season ticket holders can re-up for next year?

I'm sure the University of Minnesota doesn't share your opinion.

I am reupping specifically to spite you.

I have had 2 seats for over a decade. I bought 2 extra seats at the start of the 2008 season because I wanted to make sure I got 4 seats in the new stadium. Because the points were so different for my 2 sets I didn't average them and kept them apart this year. My goal is to gradually move my 2 extra seats closer to my 2 premium seats so when my kids are old enough to attend the games regularly I will have 4 premium seats.

There are times where I question whether it is worth it to be a season ticket holder...not emotionally, I love the Gophers. But, financially, it is a horrible investment. Even with the new stadium, you can get tickets on the street for pennies on the dollar prior to kickoff. I had a buddy with two extras for the Illinois game and he got $10 total!! A different friend got $50 for four tickets to Michigan State prior to the game. Even Wisconsin this year (rain drove down prices) tickets were going for face value prior to the game. I have to admit I've considered just giving up the big investment and go the way of buying on the street. I would never miss games, but I sure wouldn't mind saving some money each week. And, in some weeks, I'd be sitting in better seats than I have anyway.

We're just hoping that some of the people that don't renew are the ones that are in the first few rows that stand the whole game forcing most others to stand as well and then say, "that's what it's like in all the other stadiums" when you know they've never been to another stadium or probably many other Gopher football games.(I didn't see them standing the whole game in the Metrodome).......sorry, don't want to start that thread.......I'm done.

We're just hoping that some of the people that don't renew are the ones that are in the first few rows that stand the whole game forcing most others to stand as well and then say, "that's what it's like in all the other stadiums" when you know they've never been to another stadium or probably many other Gopher football games.(I didn't see them standing the whole game in the Metrodome).......sorry, don't want to start that thread.......I'm done.

I doubt those standing and cheering are the ones who will not be renewing. It will be the ones sitting and complaining, or not showing up at all. You best chance is that these fans move to better seats so they don't have people whining behind them.

Thanks for the definition. That's what being a fan is, standing? We, actually never said a word to the people in the front row (we were/are rows up from the ones causing others to stand) and I don't think they were cheering most of the time. Mind if we come and stand in front of you for three hours? At least we'll then be a true fan.

Did you notice that they announced today as a sellout and then stated that the ATTENDANCE was 50805. Please, everyone in there could see there was no where near 50000 in there. Lies I tell you.

Every professional and college uses paid attendance. They weren't lying when they said it was a sellout as they sold all the tickets.

The difference is that RichRod has proven is offense will work at 3 different locations and has had success as a head coach. He also knew and expressed at the start that the players Michigan had did not fit his offensive scheme, see Ryan Mallett transferring to Arkansas. But rather than waffling like Brewster and trying a new offense every two years he is sticking to what he knows and believes in and he has proven he can win with. He is getting the recruits they need now, however next year will be a huge year for him and he may be gone after year 3.

It is interesting how coahces like Bobby Petrino and Richrod are wildly successfull in the Big East (and ACC, to a lesser extent) but struggle when they make the leap up to the Big Ten/ SEC level. It think it clearly shows how much more competetive these conferences are. I think people underestimate how difficult it is to be successful in the Big Ten. Coach's like Richrod demonstrate that.

I have often heard Mark May point out that coach's are crazy for leaving the Big East because its a very easy BCS berth. The bar is just set so much lower in other conferences. That's the argument most make for Brian Kelly staying put.

And how much more wold have Mason accomplished in the Big 12 North if he had stayed at Kansas? K-State (who has the same record as Minnesota, and played 2 D1-AA opponents) just has to beat Nebraska next week to clinch a spot in the Big 12 Championship.

There are times where I question whether it is worth it to be a season ticket holder...not emotionally, I love the Gophers. But, financially, it is a horrible investment. Even with the new stadium, you can get tickets on the street for pennies on the dollar prior to kickoff. I had a buddy with two extras for the Illinois game and he got $10 total!! A different friend got $50 for four tickets to Michigan State prior to the game. Even Wisconsin this year (rain drove down prices) tickets were going for face value prior to the game. I have to admit I've considered just giving up the big investment and go the way of buying on the street. I would never miss games, but I sure wouldn't mind saving some money each week. And, in some weeks, I'd be sitting in better seats than I have anyway.

Word to da mutha! At least you're in town and is able to make it to the games if you want. Those of us out-of-state, it's starting to make no sense to renew our investments! For those one or two games that I want to attend, Ebay or scalp tickets is cheaper than $2500/season!

Word to da mutha! At least you're in town and is able to make it to the games if you want. Those of us out-of-state, it's starting to make no sense to renew our investments! For those one or two games that I want to attend, Ebay or scalp tickets is cheaper than $2500/season!

Well then do it. No one forced you to buy preferred seats. Buy some non-donation ones or stop complaining. :rolleyes: Do you need someone to agree with you to make you feel better?

FYI, it's not an investment, its cost for entertainment.

I live out of state and I think it's a great investment. For ten years I've gotten to watch my favorite team and enjoy saturdays with Great friends and family.

I'm trying to pick up an extra seat near me in the next two years. Hopefully the person who bought the extra next to me that never sat in it, gets a seat closer to where they are at.

It's called:

1) Out of state
2) $500 for two tickets
3) Another $2000 for two premium seats!
4) Only make it back once a year

Yeah...it's time to call it stop donating!

What can we do with $2500? Hmmm...lots of other good things!

What kind of package did you sign up for where two premium seats cost two grand?

I live out of state and I think it's a great investment. For ten years I've gotten to watch my favorite team and enjoy saturdays with Great friends and family.

That's a great point. What makes college football so great to me is the atmosphere and events of the day. It's not just about the game (although that is the most important thing). It's also about tailgating and being on campus. I went to many ACC games when I lived out east. Went to a Maryland game several years ago. It was a night game and we tailgated all day long. The friend that I went with had a ton of his family there. It was like a family reunion. Everyone in that area knew each other. They do this just about every home game. Even though I could care less who won the game, I had a blast.

Hopefully, tailgating and the experience as a whole will grow in the coming years. It takes time to get that back, being off campus for so long.

I took my dad to the Michigan St. game, his first ever Gophers football game. He's a pretty casual fan, wants the Gophers to win but doesn't really follow college football that closely. One of the first things he said after the game was how much fun it would be for our family to go a game together, tailgating and all.

Top Bottom