If we win the bowl game, what will the direction of the program look like?

die hard gopher

Reaction score
If we manage to get to 9 wins which will be the most since 2003 I believe, what will the direction and opinion of the program be?

Will fans be able to forget this whole mess and celebrate this historic achievement?

If Kaler/Coyle plan on booting Claeys after this game (I personally don't think thats the case), will it change their minds and save Tracy?

Will season ticket renewal rates reach a new level or will their be a huge drop off?

Will we predicted by the media to be a big challenger in the west or will they say we struggle to get bowl eligible?

Will fans who wanted Claeys fired after the Wisco meltdown and then after this mess change their minds?

Will this season be viewed as the exact same, mediocre, even if we win?

I'd personally really like to think that a W could help put this mess behind all of us and create a renewed sense of optimism for the future after winning the most games in a season in 16 years but I still bet most will have a bad taste in their mouths. Even if we do get a W, it will be hard to be optimistic about next years team if the 10 players are gone with an absolutely decimated secondary and half of the QB competition gone.

If we manage to get to 9 wins which will be the most since 2003 I believe, what will the direction and opinion of the program be?

Will fans be able to forget this whole mess and celebrate this historic achievement?

If Kaler/Coyle plan on booting Claeys after this game (I personally don't think thats the case), will it change their minds and save Tracy?

Will season ticket renewal rates reach a new level or will their be a huge drop off?

Will we predicted by the media to be a big challenger in the west or will they say we struggle to get bowl eligible?

Will fans who wanted Claeys fired after the Wisco meltdown and then after this mess change their minds?

Will this season be viewed as the exact same, mediocre, even if we win?

I'd personally really like to think that a W could help put this mess behind all of us and create a renewed sense of optimism for the future after winning the most games in a season in 16 years but I still bet most will have a bad taste in their mouths. Even if we do get a W, it will be hard to be optimistic about next years team if the 10 players are gone with an absolutely decimated secondary and half of the QB competition gone.

I think WSU smokes the Gophs, and then many players announce their transfer. And some recruits choose another destination.

I think the long-term future will depend on the appeal process for the suspended players. If the players - and their teammates - believe they received a fair hearing, then we could start to see the fracas die down. But, if the suspended players - and their teammates - believe they did not receive a fair hearing, then it's an entirely different situation. There could be more transfers on top of the players who might be expelled or suspended.

I don't see any way this doesn't impact the program going forward. If all of the suspended players are off the team next year (due to expulsions, suspensions or transfers), that leaves a lot of holes in the defensive backfield and the QB position. (given Seth Green's minimal involvement, I think he has a good chance to be back, but I could be wrong). And, at this point of the year - and the recruiting season - it will be difficult to find quality replacements. I suppose they could bring in a bunch more Juco's to plug up the holes, but that is a short-term fix at best.

Other questions I can't answer - if players are expelled or suspended, how does that impact the scholarship limit? can they bring in an extra-large recruiting class to compensate? too many unknowns to know what might happen.

I'm not sure it matters win or lose.

A lot of transfers and a small recruiting class are a given at this point. If we have a new coach and AD as well and we won't even recognize this team. I think all this happens win or lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a football standpoint I think u have to keep Claeys around at least one more year to minimize the damage. We will already see a big number transfer and commits back out.

Cleays is the only one the players trust right now. No other member of the athletic department has there back especially Coyle.

If they fire Cleays I expect the number of transfers to increase drastically. Right now the coaches are trying to talk the players of the ledge.

From a ticket base doesn't matter what they do. They lost fans some that believe every single player is to blame.

Also if Kaler and Coyle are not fired u lost half of your support of the U! Very very tricky situation.

Well, it's pretty bad. A few things come to mind...

10-global-disasters.jpg

_66818963_ymgphwhl.jpg

pacific-rim-kaiju1.jpg

Top Bottom