IF WE COULD WIN OUT .............. ?????

jrb27

Reaction score
if we could win out which would mean an upset in iowa which i know
is a long shot but huge upsets happen do we become a 4 lose ranked team ? after beating #4 iowa ( if there still undeffeted )

No, we would be 8-4 and there are way too many D-1 teams that will be in that 9-3, 8-4 range for us to be ranked. That would be a fantastic win and some great momentum going into the bowl season. That is where the win @ Iowa would help the most IMO because I think something like that would fire up the fan base and bowl committees would perhaps take us over another B10 team with the same record or even one more loss than us.

if we could win out which would mean an upset in iowa which i know
is a long shot but huge upsets happen do we become a 4 lose ranked team ? after beating #4 iowa ( if there still undeffeted )

I say it be close - it'd be 8-4 with losses to 4 teams that all figure to be top 20 at that time and a win over a top 5 team. Problem is - im guessing most voters wouldn't actually know that. Nice hypothetical to think about though.:)

maybe

If Iowa is still undefeated and the Gophers win, then I think we will sneak in the top 25. If Iowa has one or two losses when we play them, then we need to win the bowl game to get in the top 25.

In the unlikely event that the Gophers would win out, AND Iowa/PSU both found themselves in BCS bowls... What would the likely blow prospect be for our rodents?

In the unlikely event that the Gophers would win out, AND Iowa/PSU both found themselves in BCS bowls... What would the likely blow prospect be for our rodents?

In that scenario, I'd say we end up in the Champs/Alamo, behind Iowa, PSU, OSU, and Wisconsin. Those two definitely look like our most likely destinations right now at 7-5, and even at 8-4. Our one hope for a Jan 1 would be to win out, get two teams in the BCS, and have Wisconsin tank the rest of the season (talking losses to Indiana, Michigan and NU).

In that scenario, I'd say we end up in the Champs/Alamo, behind Iowa, PSU, OSU, and Wisconsin. Those two definitely look like our most likely destinations right now at 7-5, and even at 8-4. Our one hope for a Jan 1 would be to win out, get two teams in the BCS, and have Wisconsin tank the rest of the season (talking losses to Indiana, Michigan and NU).

Sounds about right. Also has about a 1% chance of happening (Wisky isn't going to tank like that). If we found a way to win out we should enjoy it for what it would be (the best finish to a Gopher season in years) versus worrying about what bowl we'd end up in. :)

If we win out, there is a chance one of the three teams directly in front of us blows a tire and we sneak into third.

Top Bottom