If Trevor is down the Barn will be a ghost town this winter.

And when Tubby was hired the dreams we all had. Sad to say the least

This is not said at all as a result of Trevor's injury,whatever it may be, but Tubby's best season seems to have been year one when he up coached Munson's misfits to the NIT. Now, 4 years later, we have Trevor and Tubby's misfits. Tubby now has his team and what is it? Is it worthy of the type of money that is being bandied about in the extension negotiations? Are we worse off if Tubby walks instead of being paid tier 3 Big Ten scale? I think we can all get over the Tubby wet dream. I'm not calling for a coaching change, but I no longer believe Tubby deserves the deference or pay he formerly commanded.

Other than being a terrible defensive team and turnover crazy in spurts team and being outscored by 30 after leading by 11 it wasn't too bad was it? Oto needs to shoot more instead of passing it to the other team and where is Waldo I mean Ralph??? Good year for that extra $400 licence fee Joel!

I like Tubby, he's a very good coach and a real high quality person. But he's in the twilight of a carreer in a very high energy business. Plus it's a business that in many ways is run and influenced by low quality people. I refer specifically to coaches like Calipari, the influence of major shoe companies, AAU coaches and agents let alone the Alumni base in places like Ky.

My question for this group is whether (or not) Tubby has the energy to overcome the loss of Mbakwe (we hope and pray it doesn't get to that). It is certain that if he's gone the season is gone as well. This would mean that four years after arriving, he's back at square one. Rather he's still at square one. He's yet to recruit a single game changing player (with the possible exception of R. White), heck he's not even been able to get the Athletic Dep't to build him the practice facility they promised.

If Trevor is really gone for the season, this program could be lost for another decade.

Good luck, Trevor.

Other than being a terrible defensive team and turnover crazy in spurts team and being outscored by 30 after leading by 11 it wasn't too bad was it? Oto needs to shoot more instead of passing it to the other team and where is Waldo I mean Ralph??? Good year for that extra $400 licence fee Joel!

Let's also give Tubby a huge extension because we should be grateful to have him as our coach. We are Minnesota we are not worthy of such a high caliber coach putting out such a high caliber product.

Embarassing loss, with or without Trevor. Tubby doesn't deserve the pay he gets...at all. He finally has all of "his own guys" and it's the worst team we've had under Tubby. Pathetic.

This program has been cursed since Ganglegate. 1997

If the season spirals downward like last year and we miss the NIT again, the new AD has no choice but to make a change.

I was thinking after we were up 11 that Wednesday could have been a near sell-out for the Virginia Tech ACC game. We would be undefeated and a very good team coming into town.... well not so....

How many national championships have any of YOU chumps won!!!???

Anyway, don't disagree with any of the previous posts, just trying to cut off Dr. Snarky the threadbusta at the pass!!

gophs11 said:
Embarassing loss, with or without Trevor. Tubby doesn't deserve the pay he gets...at all. He finally has all of "his own guys" and it's the worst team we've had under Tubby. Pathetic.

Tubby stinks...the players stink....our seasons over blah blah blah nothing gloom and doom I'm these posts.

If we had a practice facility we might only turn the ball over 20 times a game and defend the three better.

tap said:
If we had a practice facility we might only turn the ball over 20 times a game and defend the three better.

Or you'd get better recruits who won't turn it over as much and would defend the 3 better ... So yeah, tubby or no tubby, they need one.

Excellent sarcasm. Don't be critical of Tubby, it's considered a hate crime.

It is OK to be sad people...plenty of time for us to hate on Tubby, our young guards and everything else...but tonight, a great player and MN kid got hurt and it may be the last time we see him on the floor in a MN uniform...and for that, I am sad.

I feel the same way I felt leaving the NMSU football game this fall. Brutal game, horrible injury.

Top Bottom