If they don't move Stoudimire back to tailback, Eskeridge should be a D-back

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
I like the guy he is a talented kid but just not a WR in my opinion. Stoudimire is not Percy Harvin like as a WR even if the staff like's to think he is. He has that type of speed but not that kind of strength, incredible hands or football awareness to be a WR. I think it is a dis-service
to continue to leave him at the WR spot if his ultimate goal is to be an NFL player. Does not run the disciplined routes for a WR, does not have good breaks out of his routes, really lacks height and WR instincts.

If your going to keep him on the offensive side of the ball make him a tailback and see if you can teach him how to pass protect, otherwise move him to defense but he seems a little stiff to play there. He is a good tackler on special teams like Eskeridge is. He might have tailback ability because he has a little shake to him and he seems to hit holes really well at least in the return game, he is just not a WR. There is another guy that is playing on the wrong side of the football. Deleon Eskeridge, as good a tackler as he is on special teams he is missing his calling as a defenisve football player, dude is a natural tackler and likes to stick his nose in there and stick people, he is a born hitter and you need that on defense. Eskeridge is an OK tailback even pretty decent at times but he is an even better tackler, one of the better one's on special teams. Again another guy if he invisions himself at the next level needs to play defense. The Gophers once had a player that fancy'd himself a tailback named Mike Lehan that ended up on defense and made a pretty nice career for himself the few years he made it in the NFL. Eskeridge reminds me a lot of Lehan with maybe a little better speed and maybe even a better form tackler.

I approve moving DeLeon to d-back as he sure is not very good at RB.

Top Bottom