If the Big Ten Tournament were held today

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Weakling Wednesday (March 9)
#12 Maryland (1-5) vs. #13 GOPHERS (1-5), 5 p.m. CT (BTN)
#11 Michigan (1-3) vs. #14 Nebraska (0-7), 7:30 p.m. (BTN)

2nd Round (March 10)
#8 Indiana (3-3) vs. #9 Penn State (3-4), 10:30 a.m. (BTN)
#5 Rutgers (4-2) vs. Maryland/GOPHERS winner, 1 p.m. (BTN)
#7 Iowa (3-3) vs. #10 Northwestern (2-4), 5:30 p.m. (BTN)
#6 Purdue (3-2) vs. Michigan/Nebraska winner, 8 p.m. (BTN)

Quarterfinals (March 11)
#1 Illinois (6-0) vs. Indiana/Penn State winner, 10:30 a.m. (BTN)
#4 Ohio State (5-2) vs. Rutgers/Maryland/GOPHERS winner, 1 p.m. (BTN)
#2 Wisconsin (5-1) vs. Iowa/Northwestern winner, 5:30 p.m. (BTN)
#3 Michigan State (5-1) vs. Purdue/Michigan/Nebraska winner (BTN)

Last edited:

Despite how well the non-conference went, looking like we will finish in that 13/14 spot as most of us anticipated. Hope we can get 5 more B10 wins.

Despite how well the non-conference went, looking like we will finish in that 13/14 spot as most of us anticipated. Hope we can get 5 more B10 wins.
Yep, I still like an over-under of Big Ten wins at 4.

Five conference wins would have to be labeled a success. Still think it's doable (but tough), but not if Gophers aren't at full strength.

If the big ten tourney were held today the gophers season would be over as they don’t have the guys needed to play in the game

Yeah, style matters to me though (in a coach's early years). The team has played tough and smart. I'm sure a portion of that is because of the amount of experience but I also am pretty excited with Ben as a coach.

Long story longer, I don't think all 14th place finishes are the same

Yeah, style matters to me though (in a coach's early years). The team has played tough and smart. I'm sure a portion of that is because of the amount of experience but I also am pretty excited with Ben as a coach.

Long story longer, I don't think all 14th place finishes are the same
I’d rather finish 14th with a roster that should finish 14th than 11th with a roster that should finish 7th

Top Bottom