If my caller ID reads "University of Minnesota"....

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Reaction score
... I do not under any circumstances pick it up. I don't want to talk to any shill of the administration begging for money for their program or department. I do this because they aren't backing Athletic Departments. They always try to play on memories of my time at the U. There is no "good feeling" when you are out in the general public and all the do is laugh about your sports programs. The general public really doesn't care about, because they don't see, what our research university does. They do see the athletic department. Giving money to the College of Liberal Arts, Institute of Technology, School of Management, etc is just a waste when you think about the broader image of the U.

The embarrassment of being a graduate of the University of Minnesota comes deep from within the administration and their arrogant disdain of the highest profile arm of the U, the Athletic Department.

This would be a perfect opportunity to say something like "when you take football seriously I will consider donating, not until then, have a great day". Maybe if enough people respond like this it may start to get through?

Man, you missed a perfect opportunity to say something like "when you take football seriously I will consider donating, not until then, have a great day". Maybe if enough people respond like this it may start to get through?

Sorry, that's my defense mechanism from the last 20+ years of embarrassment. I also don't want to rag on the students they throw out there, it's not fair because it's not their fault.

If the University of Minnesota calls me, I'll answer it...

because they will finally be offering me the job of Head Football Coach.

Top Bottom