If Kill is the guy I may throw up

I hate to admit it, but I thought we could do better than Kill.

I never agreed when people on these boards were angry with names like Calhoun, Golden, Edsall, and so on, but isn't this the same thing Wacker was?

A guy who has had success at a smaller school in a lesser conference?

Joe Schmit is a joke who has whiffed repeatedly during this so I'd wait for another source.

I might stop following college football if he's the guy. I hate Maturi.

What a fricken JOKE of a hire

If true, I was hoping for someone else.

That being said, you have been a frickin JOKE of a poster for the last two days. I would hire Brew again just to shut you up. Whiner.

If true, I was hoping for someone else.

That being said, you have been a frickin JOKE of a poster for the last two days. I would hire Brew again just to shut you up. Whiner.

so you agree with me yet say all that lol. ok buddy

Already did

BLAH!!!!!!!

Jerry Kill has been my #1 second tier choic behind Harbaugh, Peterson, etc.

All he has done is win at every level.
He has a extremely loyal and experienced staff.
Has been recruiting the midwest for years.

He has a extremely loyal and experienced staff.
Has been recruiting the midwest for years.
farming background

If you can't handle it...

Use some lube!

engrish-funny-petroleum-jerry.jpg

so you agree with me yet say all that lol. ok buddy

Yes, I really like Petersen.

No, I don't think it is a joke of a hire.

No, I don't think you know a thing about football.

Yes, I think you are just another joke fan.

Not as bad as you think

do you want a good fb coach that can attract running backs, o linemen or some entertainer? I am very impressed with what he's able to do.

I definately would cancel my season tickets. No interest in Kill at all. He's a reach...

He isn't the most exciting hire, but I can't understand how this could warrant this kind of response. For the people who would cancel their tickets for Kill or Edsall, who would you have approved of outside of the ungettables (Harbaugh, Patterson, Petersen, Mullen)?

Yes, I really like Petersen.

No, I don't think it is a joke of a hire.

No, I don't think you know a thing about football.

Yes, I think you are just another joke fan.

and you know me personally to indicate what i know about football. ok then. I want a coach that is going to bring pride back to the program and put people in the seats. Kill does not do that one bit and in fact might make it worse

He isn't the most exciting hire, but I can't understand how this could warrant this kind of response. For the people who would cancel their tickets for Kill or Edsall, who would you have approved of outside of the ungettables (Harbaugh, Patterson, Petersen, Mullen)?

I can't speak for those who would cancel their tickets for Kill or Edsall, but as someone who would be disappointed if he were hired, off the top of my head: Golden, Hoke, Malzahn, and obviously Leach are all better than Kill or Edsall, and we could get at least two of them, if not any of them.

Jerry Kill=looking for a new coach in four years. Either he failed or health issues. I rather have trestman

I can't speak for those who would cancel their tickets for Kill or Edsall, but as someone who would be disappointed if he were hired, off the top of my head: Golden, Hoke, Malzahn, and obviously Leach are all better than Kill or Edsall, and we could get at least two of them, if not any of them.

In what ways are Golden and Hoke better than Edsall or Kill?

Edsall coaches at a higher level than any of the coaches being mentioned and he walked into a tougher situation than anyone being mentioned. It is only on gopherhole that someone could argue that winning the Big East (and going to the Orange Bowl) is somehow less impressive than taking 3rd in the MWC or 5th in the MAC (Golden).

As far as Kill, he has won at a higher rate than Brady Hoke, and he has done at multiple universities. I don't mind Hoke, but I can't see how Kill hasn't done better than Hoke.

He has a extremely loyal and experienced staff.Has been recruiting the midwest for years.

If we hire Kill, I feel we will actually be able to keep a coordinator more than a couple of years. Take a look at the Northern Illinois website. The majority of his coaches have followed him from job to job. I really feel this is a hidden benefit to hiring Kill.

This is not a slam on Brewster, but he had to teach his coaches how he wanted things ran in addition to teaching the players. Kill's assistants know how he runs everything.

By looking at how many butts are in the seats the last few games, then yeah.

I think you are taking your whining to the wrong group of people. We all know that if they start winning those some butts (including yours) will fill the stadium and no matter how exciting the coach is, if we lose those same butts will be gone (probably including yours). However, I think to most of us gopherholers, we will be at the game either way and not miss you a whole lot.

If Kill is the guy I may throw up.

I too am looking for buckets around the house that I will be able to projectile vomit into if this hire is announced.

Talk about your all-time backfires.

If we hire Kill, I feel we will actually be able to keep a coordinator more than a couple of years. Take a look at the Northern Illinois website. The majority of his coaches have followed him from job to job. I really feel this is a hidden benefit to hiring Kill.

This is not a slam on Brewster, but he had to teach his coaches how he wanted things ran in addition to teaching the players. Kill's assistants know how he runs everything.

Kill is probably a better hire than Edsall...the guy has ended up leaving every program he started at a winner. Postseason berths the last 8 years, consistent improvement in each program he's had a significant stay at. Kill isn't a "sexy" hire but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him and his work ethic recruiting around the Midwest and having coaches that have generally followed him around.

It's not a home run but I'd take Kill over Edsall...winning matters in the long run.

^But every program he left was a small program. Emporia State? C'mon. I bet 90 percent of this board can't even guess what state that is located. I can cause I drove passed it earlier this year.

A small school shouldn't automatically disqualify you, but this is BCS power conference, division one football. If the Gophers want to make a commitment to winning, they need to quit mining the MAC for head coaches.

Kill is probably a better hire than Edsall...the guy has ended up leaving every program he started at a winner. Postseason berths the last 8 years, consistent improvement in each program he's had a significant stay at. Kill isn't a "sexy" hire but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him and his work ethic recruiting around the Midwest and having coaches that have generally followed him around.

It's not a home run but I'd take Kill over Edsall...winning matters in the long run.

I'd personally take Edsall over Kill (he did it on a bigger stage), but they are close. Hiring neither of them wouldn't mean the sky is falling. When I was arguing for people to compare the candidates it was really in reaction to people who LOVE GOlden and Hoke but would cancel their tickets for Edsall and Kill.

Top Bottom