IA@ MN looking more and more like a 2:30 kick

gopherguy05

Section 246 Row 4
Reaction score
This was posted over on the Badger board:

According to Mark Rudner (BigTenMarkTV) twitter........

Also 11/27:
ESPN/ABC use 6-day pick on IA@MN, NU@WI, MS@PS:
1 @ 12 ET on ESPN,
1 @ 3:30 ET on ABC,
remaining game 3:30 ET on Big Ten Network

Wisconsin has a hockey game @ 7 that night, while we play Friday/Sunday

I'm betting we get the 2:30 BTN slot.....
And with the 6 day pick, we won't find out officially until Monday the 19th......

It will all depend on who is playing for what in the other two games. If both WI and MSU are alive for the BigTen title then I would also think the 2:30 BigTen slot is most likely.

It will all depend on who is playing for what in the other two games.

yes and no....

I think you could make arguments no matter what happens next week that MSU/PSU and WI/NW are more attractive games then MN/IA. Hense why we would be pushed to the 2:30 BTN oblivion kickoff......

yes and no....

I think you could make arguments no matter what happens next week that MSU/PSU and WI/NW are more attractive games then MN/IA. Hense why we would be pushed to the 2:30 BTN oblivion kickoff......

True, but if it was so obvious it would already be decided.

True, but if it was so obvious it would already be decided.

They're just waiting to see if either WI or MSU lose. If both win then its a no brainer that they'll get the ABC and ESPN slots IMO. Loses from either combined with an Iowa win over OSU could result in Iowa nudging us into either slot (though likely ESPN @ 11).

Or stay as a 11:00 AM and be a regional broadcast shown only in Iowa and Minnesota on the BTN if Iowa loses to OSU this weekend making it only a game that Iowa and Minnesota care about. Don't forget there are 4 alternate channels available for BIG TEN network on DirecTV.

Or stay as a 11:00 AM and be a regional broadcast shown only in Iowa and Minnesota on the BTN if Iowa loses to OSU this weekend making it only a game that Iowa and Minnesota care about. Don't forget there are 4 alternate channels available for BIG TEN network on DirecTV.

Except that with the OSU/ MICH game being a national 11am game, the BTN will put that game noone cares about on at 2:30 and not 11 am.....so if your scenario occurs, I guarantee it will be a 2:30 BTN kick.

That will not happen. BTN has a slot for a 2:30 game that day and will use it.

IU/Purdue is 11am BTN and will be shown to the entire country.

tOSU/Michigan is 11am on ABC and will be shown to the entire country.

That leaves 3 slots. 2:30 Regional on ABC, 11am National on ESPN or ESPN2 & 2:30 National on BTN.

Usually the BTN does not have a 2:30 slot, but for some reason they do for Thanksgiving Weekend. I was planning on an 11am start based on the fact that BTN usually does not have a 2:30 time slot, plans may have to be adjusted.

Usually the BTN does not have a 2:30 slot, but for some reason they do for Thanksgiving Weekend. I was planning on an 11am start based on the fact that BTN usually does not have a 2:30 time slot, plans may have to be adjusted.

Usually there's a night game, either on ABC/ESPN or BTN. But since the Big Ten has a "no night games in November" policy, that moves all start times to either 11 or 2:30.

Usually there's a night game, either on ABC/ESPN or BTN. But since the Big Ten has a "no night games in November" policy, that moves all start times to either 11 or 2:30.

I am aware of that. However, there was no BTN 2:30 game last week and there is no BTN 2:30 game this week either, so the final weekend is a bit unique from a television standpoint. It actually allows for more BT games to be show to a National audience. Which is a good thing.

I am aware of that. However, there was no BTN 2:30 game last week and there is no BTN 2:30 game this week either, so the final weekend is a bit unique from a television standpoint. It actually allows for more BT games to be show to a National audience. Which is a good thing.

It was basically written into the contract that because OSU/MI is always a national 11 am kick, that this week the BTN gets to have their own national 2:30 kick...but ESPN/ABC gets their first choice of games. Just another one of those weird clauses in the ABC/ESPN/BTN television contract

If the other 2:30 slot was ESPN, I would be almost positive the game would go 2:30 regional on ABC, ala our OSU night game when PSU/Mich was on ESPN national. Being as it is set up, I can't see a reason why this game would not end up 2:30 on BTN.

Thats weak NU Vs WI is going to be a Blowout.

Top Bottom