I wouldn't bet against Coach Kill

husker70

Reaction score
Going Normal Dale once they arrive in LA. Maybe a quick trip to the empty Coliseum. Equipment Manager get the tape. How wide is this field? 160 feet, sir. Looks like its 100 yards long, two endzones. How high is the crossbar? Men, our focus is what we do within these lines, that's what we can control. That is the challange. You cannot be distracted for a second by the crowd, the horse, the cheerleaders, the band. Nothing but your responsibility inside the lines.

If he sticks with his good ol' boy ways that is exactly what he will do. Avoid all the hype and maintain focus. I am hoping the team plays well enough to keep my eyes off the crowd, the horse, the band, the.... nope I will still check out the cheerleaders. 24 hours until tailgating begins!!!

USC is shockingly inexperienced on the offensive line. Wow. I think that alone keeps the Gophers in the game.

Lower scoring than most think, based on USC's defense and the relatively experienced Gopher defense (combined with the USC line woes).

This had to be a HORRIBLY difficult game for USC to prepare for. Sure, they can look at NIU film all they want but with entirely new personnel on both sides of the ball for this staff, that game film may not be of much use. That gives the Rodents another significant edge I would think.

I think Kill and staff throw out some things that Kiffin's staff has absolutely no clue is coming. If Daddy Monte weren't running the defense at USC, I'd feel even MORE optmistic than I actually am.

I think the Gophers cover 24, and cover it easily. Should be a good one!!!

GO GOPHERS!!!!

The SC left guard is injured and will not play. Both lines are a dumpster fire. An assistant coach resigned yesterday in yet another SC play for pay scandal. Shut down the passing and run the ball all day.

You mention the cheerleaders. We were playing Kansas and Bob Newton ended up out of bounds on his back under one of the Kansas Cheerleaders. As we huddled, Newton pleaded run that play again.

I think Kill will keep the kids motivated and get a good effort out of them all year. We may not win many more games but at least there will be a much better effort.

They'll suit up and show up. There were times last year that seemed like the Gophers weren't even in the same zip code that the game was being played in. This is a different story with the Kill regime. I've got hope now.

Top Bottom