I thought this play was a massive key to this game.

kg21

Reaction score
Yes, we had the fumble, and missed field goals and back breaker penalties.

But the play I thought was huge was the opening drive of the second half. Going in up 14-7 we had all the momentum. When NC started the second half with the ball, we got them to something like 3rd and 8 right away. The crowd is going nuts and we had a great pass rush on the play. They throw a pass to the sideline and it's right there for Walley to know down. Somehow it got through him, and then the drive got started.

Not trying to rip on Walley as he had a great game, but I don't know how that ball got in there.

Yes, we had the fumble, and missed field goals and back breaker penalties.

But the play I thought was huge was the opening drive of the second half. Going in up 14-7 we had all the momentum. When NC started the second half with the ball, we got them to something like 3rd and 8 right away. The crowd is going nuts and we had a great pass rush on the play. They throw a pass to the sideline and it's right there for Walley to know down. Somehow it got through him, and then the drive got started.

Not trying to rip on Walley as he had a great game, but I don't know how that ball got in there.
Yeah I don't think Walley fully located the ball in time to make a coordinated attempt to knock the ball down. He located it right as it was right on him.

A 3 play drive instead of a 17 play one certainly would have helped. Then the Gophers turned around and went 3 and out. Next one was the fumble.

It was definitely a key play that started a domino effect against us.

Yeah I don't think Walley fully located the ball in time to make a coordinated attempt to knock the ball down. He located it right as it was right on him.

A 3 play drive instead of a 17 play one certainly would have helped. Then the Gophers turned around and went 3 and out. Next one was the fumble.
If Walley knocks it down, after going up 14-7 and then holding them to 3 and out, we may have pulled away.

This illustrates the problem with the Gophers. Sometimes a play like this is going to happen. With the Gophers it ends up leading to a score followed by a 3 and out and they don't recover. With other teams they turn it around and take the game over. We keep waiting for an opportunity to win the game. Other teams create opportunities after opportunities and take over the game.

Top Bottom