I think that Fleck would trade his entire starting roster for OSUs second team if you gave him the choice

I think that Fleck would trade his entire starting roster for OSUs second team if given the choice?

• Total voters

lmao... Hold on before voting so I can add some context:

PJ fawning over Nebraska's roster last year:

Here's what PJ gets in that trade:

QB: Devin Brown (4*) over Athan Kaliakmanis (3*)
RB: TreVeyon Henderson (4*) over Sean Tyler (2*)
WR-X: Tate Carnell (5*) over Daniel Jackson (3*)
WR-Z: Jayden Ballard (4*) over CRAB (3*)
WR-SL: Xavier Johnson (3*) over Corey Crooms (2*)
LT: George Fitzpatrick (4*) over Aireontae Ersey (3*)
LG: Victor Cutler Jr. (2*) over Tyler Cooper (2*)
OC: Jakob James (3*) over Nathan Boe (3*)
RG: Enokk Vimahi (4*) over Quinn Carroll (4*)
RT: Tegra Tshabola (4*) over Martes Lewis (3*)

SS: Sonny Styles (5*) over Darius Green (3*)
FS: Kye Stokes (4*) over Tyler Nubin (4*)
RCB: Jordan Hancock (4*) over Tariq Watson (3*)
NB: Ja'Had Carter (2*) over Jack Henderson (NR)
MLB: Cody Simon (4*) over Ryan Selig (2*)
WLB: CJ Hicks (5*) over Cody Lindenberg (3*)
LCB: Jyaire Brown (4*) over Justin Walley (3*)
DE: Caden Curry (4*) over Jah Joyner (3*)
NT: Tywone Malone (4*) over Kyler Baugh (NR)
DT: Tyleik Williams (4*) over Deven Eastern (3*)
JACK: Kenyatta Jackson (4*) over Danny Striggow (RUSH) (3*)

Last edited:

Last edited:

Hey!! I just had an idea...what if we demote a few guys from our starters before we do the deal?
Sandbag a little...tilt the odds so we are even more pleased with the results...maybe that would be cheating though?

lmao... Hold on before voting so I can add some context:

PJ fawning over Nebraska's roster last year:

Here's what PJ gets in that trade:

QB: Devin Brown (4*) over Athan Kaliakmanis (3*)
RB: TreVeyon Henderson (4*) over Sean Tyler (2*)
WR-X: Tate Carnell (5*) over Daniel Jackson (3*)
WR-Z: Jayden Ballard (4*) over CRAB (3*)
WR-SL: Xavier Johnson (3*) over Corey Crooms (2*)
LT: George Fitzpatrick (4*)
LG: Victor Cutler Jr. (2*)
OC: Jakob James (3*)
RG: Enokk Vimahi (4*)
RT: Tegra Tshabola (4*)

SS: Sonny Styles (5*)
FS: Kye Stokes (4*)
RCB: Jordan Hancock (4*)
NB: Ja'Had Carter (2*)
MLB: Cody Simon (4*)
WLB: CJ Hicks (5*)
LCB: Jyaire Brown (4*)
DE: Caden Curry (4*)
NT: Tywone Malone (4*)
DT: Tyleik Williams (4*)
JACK: Kenyatta Jackson (4*)
You and Yah-e should get together and have a star party.

You and Yah-e should get together and have a star party.
Look, I know it's not everything, but the athleticism boost would be immediate and noticeable. There is a 100% chance that Fleck would find a way to make that trade if it were real. As would any coach that cares about their job. tOSU's second string would be the most talented team in the B1G West by a pretty wide margin.

Put another way, if any _one_ of those guys decided to come over, it would be seen as a recruiting coup and immediate upgrade. If all of them decided to come then y'all would be ecstatic. This vote could be a case study in the endowment effect.

If we started this thread in any other non-Minnesota the vote would completely flip.

Would Ohio State take our Gopher players that are projected to play in the NFL? Yah. Talent and desire beats stars in your brain.

My thought as well. My take is PJ will turn away top talent if they don’t fit in the boat.
Certainly he would but I’m pretty sure the Buckeyes have a culture they believe in and it wouldn’t include known bad apples in their buckeye orchard. Sayin’ there might be one or even two but PJ would not dismiss the vast majority if they raised their hand to be Gophers.

My thought as well. My take is PJ will turn away top talent if they don’t fit in the boat.
The anti-Brewster. Tim was a star chaser and ended up getting some 4* talent that were likely available due to various issues that made them less desirable to top programs.

I mean, this is more of an indication of OSU’s talent than our lack of it. Any B1G team other than Michigan and Penn St could probably say the same thing.

PJ says no in a heart beat. The reason is simple. You have a different type of personality who says yes to MN vs. yes to OSU. PJ would be the first person to tell you his job is to recruit someone better than you, regardless of talent. However, as we have seen, for him culture and mentality matter. My guess the talent gap between our starters and OSU reserves is minimal (we will see how our starters stack up against theirs soon enough). What we get from getting guys who buy into a system and a culture matters. Most of our transfers have been people leaving because they don't make our two deep.

PJ says no in a heart beat. The reason is simple. You have a different type of personality who says yes to MN vs. yes to OSU. PJ would be the first person to tell you his job is to recruit someone better than you, regardless of talent. However, as we have seen, for him culture and mentality matter. My guess the talent gap between our starters and OSU reserves is minimal (we will see how our starters stack up against theirs soon enough). What we get from getting guys who buy into a system and a culture matters. Most of our transfers have been people leaving because they don't make our two deep.
So what I have learned today is that most of this forum is dillusional

Y'all realize that huge pieces of PJ's coaching philosophy and his culture are borrowed from tOSU, no?

So um, I'd like to confidently re-assert my opinion that PJ Fleck would trade his roster for tOSU's second team.

Well he recruited the entire team- maybe he needs a better recruiting staff

Ohio State gets better athletes than we do? This is a stunning development!

He’d be better off trading for OSU’s offensive coordinator.

So um, I'd like to confidently re-assert my opinion that PJ Fleck would trade his roster for tOSU's second team.
Iowa is 9-2 and won the West. It would make the same trade, as would Neb., Ill. NW, Wisc. and Purdue. So what?

Top Bottom