I think Mbakwe's injury makes us forget how poor we looked tonight

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
Teams simply can't go on 25-5 runs with no timeouts called, and no change in our defensive approach.

News flash; we were getting torched from 3, with Dayton had little to no inside game to speak of.

We're talking a team that was picked to finish 6th in the Atlantic 10, looking like a bunch of McD's AA's.

Granted, Ralph is supposedly still hurt, and on a milk box somewhere, Rodney is still at the hotel, but what I saw, even prior to Trevor's injury was embarrassing.

What do you guys think it was out there? Our guys looked completely confused, and looked like the had no idea what to do next.

At some point, even to some of his most ardent supporters, the onus has to fall on Tubby. Thoughts?

Sometimes coaches let these things happen to see how his teams react and how the players handle the situation. I can't remember if there was a tv to or not, but its early in the season and im guessing tubs wanted to see how the players reacted.

Just looked disinterested. Only Trevor showed up. Everyone looked confused and tired.

Gopherholefan said:
Sometimes coaches let these things happen to see how his teams react and how the players handle the situation. I can't remember if there was a tv to or not, but its early in the season and im guessing tubs wanted to see how the players reacted.

Exactly. Phil Jackson does it even in championship games. It's not uncommon. Different philosophy.

Granted, Ralph is supposedly still hurt, and on a milk box somewhere, Rodney is still at the hotel, but what I saw, even prior to Trevor's injury was embarrassing.

LOL

Ralph, Rodney and the Lindberg baby

I thought they looked good for the first quarter of the game but put my kids to bed and was not at all surprised to see them down a dozen when I again tuned in.

I thought they looked good for the first quarter of the game but put my kids to bed and was not at all surprised to see them down a dozen when I again tuned in.

I place all blame on you. Next time, please don't put your kids to bed, just let them watch the whole game.

Though the Gophers were pretty painful to watch, I could only endure about 10 minutes (turnovers, poor shooting), at the same time, Dayton was pretty unconscious with the 3s...all they had to do was throw the ball up there and it seemed to go down. Also a few pretty questionable calls, though I seriously doubt it would have made much difference in the outcome.

Gopher simply do not look that good...unless things change, it is going to be a pretty rough year, even if Trevor is not badly hurt.

Dr. Snarky reached out to me, as he is out of pocket, and asked me to reinforce how ungrateful you all are for having a great coach like Tubby and asking me to inquire as to how many of YOU have won a national championship????

Dr. Snarky reached out to me, as he is out of pocket, and asked me to reinforce how ungrateful you all are for having a great coach like Tubby and asking me to inquire as to how many of YOU have won a national championship????

We may not have coached any teams to national championships, but I have been at the helm for as many NCAA tournament wins as Tubby has at Minnesota. A good coach is only good if he gets us results.

We may not have coached any teams to national championships, but I have been at the helm for as many NCAA tournament wins as Tubby has at Minnesota. A good coach is only good if he gets us results.

They look so disorganized on offense, you can say it is the players, but this has been the case for five years now. It's so bad it is hard to watch.

I really could careless about this loss. I'm more concerned about Mbakwe and the future. We need to put this one behind us and concentrate on the future. Once Trevor went down, I knew we would lose. The rest of the players looked shook up. The guys just need to gather themselves and concentrate on VT with or w/out Trevor.

Exactly. Phil Jackson does it even in championship games. It's not uncommon. Different philosophy.

Phil Jackson had the best player in the league, one of the top 3 teams in the league, almost three times as many regular season games on his schedule, and didn't need to build a resume to get into the postseason.

You're giving Tubby waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit if you think he's got some sort of mad genius thing working. He can't even keep his son from calling unauthorized timeouts.

Yeah. IF Trevor is done for the season, this program is entering some very, very dark days.

I just got to watch the game and I don't know what to say. I saw a Gophers team that looked poised to cruise to an easy win...and then the wheels completely came off. The entire run Dayton had to come back from double digits down was accomplished by horrendously terrible play by the Gophers. Oto had people wide open and turned it over on two straight possessions, guys just left shooters wide open, then another turnover...etc, etc. A team that was point shaving would make it look more convincing. I was shocked that Tubby didn't call a timeout before the entire lead was lost. I went from being very happy with what I was seeing from the Gophers to absolutely disgusted in the span of a few minutes, it wasn't as bad as the Virginia game last year, but almost as puzzling.

Then the second half came and things got as bad as they possibly can. I really hope Trevor is ok, but it doesn't look/sound good. At the very least, I hope he's able to make a full recovery and get a shot at the NBA.

Top Bottom