I think Dark Star was a Gopher fan

CWCWCW

Reaction score
Sad to hear of the passing of Dark Star. I enjoyed his antics. A different breed, for sure. I remember listening to Dark Star after the debacle Michigan loss. You could tell he felt bad for the team, Coach Mason and the entire state.
The Sports Show wont be the same.

Was never a fan, but I did not wish him any ill will.

Really surprised to hear that he passed.

Was never a fan, but I did not wish him any ill will.

Really surprised to hear that he passed.

Frankly, I am not surprised at all. I commented recently in what poor condition/health he seemed to be in - and how "thick" his voice sounded to me when I heard him on the Common Man show roughly 2 weeks ago.

He seemed to be a bit off the beam to me - but they generally don't put boring, "milque toast" types on the radio, either.

Frankly, I am not surprised at all. I commented recently in what poor condition/health he seemed to be in - and how "thick" his voice sounded to me when I heard him on the Common Man show roughly 2 weeks ago.

He seemed to be a bit off the beam to me - but they generally don't put boring, "milque toast" types on the radio, either.

Ah...I hadn't listened to him in years, and didn't even know that he had moved to KFAN, that station gets as much action from me as a Souhan or Reusse article.

I still read Twins Chat over at KFAN every now and then, as I find it's a good place for opinions on kids in the minors and whatnot and there's a thread on there from May 21st that said Dark Star was on Common's show last Friday, saying he had a whopper of a story about Danny Valencia, but he was saving it until Valencia was out of baseball. Of course someone posted that Dark would be dead before Valencia was out of the game.

Unregistered User said:
Ah...I hadn't listened to him in years, and didn't even know that he had moved to KFAN, that station gets as much action from me as a Souhan or Reusse article.

So you don't listen to Gopher Pre\Post game football coverage? Agree with Reusse comment though.

So you don't listen to Gopher Pre\Post game football coverage? Agree with Reusse comment though.

Nope. If I'm on the road and they have the broadcast rights to a game, I'll listen to game coverage and that's it. Haven't tuned in to any of their Monday - Friday "talent" in a few years. Sometimes listen to the hunting/fishing show on Thursdays on my way to Bunny's.

Of course he was a Gopher fan. This is terrible.. When I flipped on Common today in between jobs I was disappointed in that I didn't get to hear him and Common babble for my 30 minute drive home.

RIP Dark Star. Prayers to all his close friends and family.

Mike Max said Dark took all his friends out to dinner at JD Hoyts last week and picked up the check. Maybe it was his proverbial last supper and he knew he didn't have a lot of time left. Sometimes people know and just prefer to go out on their own terms.

Mike Max said Dark took all his friends out to dinner at JD Hoyts last week and picked up the check. Maybe it was his proverbial last supper and he knew he didn't have a lot of time left. Sometimes people know and just prefer to go out on their own terms.

I wonder who was all there?

I never was a fan (as someone said, he was a bit (more than a bit) off the beam), but I can't argue with his work ethic and his ability to stay on the radio as long as he did. I think he reffed a couple of AWA matches at the Minneapolis Auditorium. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do to promote his media personality and if that meant looking like you're down a few rungs in the sanity department, so be it.

RIP Dark.

Since Sid was at his throat every Sunday night, wonder how the old guy feels about this.

As for the Last Supper, Sid, Reusse, ROn Rosenbaum, and Meat Sauce were there.

Halsey Hall said:
Since Sid was at his throat every Sunday night, wonder how the old guy feels about this.

As for the Last Supper, Sid, Reusse, ROn Rosenbaum, and Meat Sauce were there.

Anybody know where we can get a recording of this from a week ago - heard Sid and Dark (not the best of friends according to Reusse) really went at it like dogs on their SportsShow and it got UGLY.

Dark Star is the reason you get Gopher games real time on FM, and the reason you do not have to listen to Dave Lee anymore. Source, Mike Max.

Dark Star was a hustler. If you had something you were his buddy if you could provide nada you were nada.

Top Bottom