I like where this nucleus....

ccgophfan

Reaction score
So, Minnesota Basketball cant be expected to be in contention for the conference title more than every 4 years? Why is this the prevailing attitude?

How can Marquette, for example, be as highly ranked and finish as well as they do for the past 5-7 years while playing in the Big East, a conference that is/has been tough as nails? There are other teams in the same general area as Marq.

With a coach of Smith's stature and pay grade, in year 5, this should not be the status of the program. It should not be the expectations of the program.

Does Wisconsin think they can win the conf every 3-4 years? I dont think so. Different expectations from fans and administration.

I agree that this is a good nucleus. These underclassmen seem to be serviceable role players. Maybe the two Hollins guys can develop into impact players, but we need to recruit that type of player. Are there just too many negatives in recruiting for the U to overcome? (For instance: Tubby's offensive style and previously-mentioned substitution pattern, cold weather, sub-standard practice facilities, lack of administrative support and perks like chartered travel, and A.D. Maturi). If that is the case, we can only hope for a mid BIG finish and bubble NCAA each year in the future. And if coach Tubby is making all the right moves ... just keep our expectations low.

I agree that this is a good nucleus. These underclassmen seem to be serviceable role players. Maybe the two Hollins guys can develop into impact players, but we need to recruit that type of player. Are there just too many negatives in recruiting for the U to overcome? (For instance: Tubby's offensive style and previously-mentioned substitution pattern, cold weather, sub-standard practice facilities, lack of administrative support and perks like chartered travel, and A.D. Maturi). If that is the case, we can only hope for a mid BIG finish and bubble NCAA each year in the future. And if coach Tubby is making all the right moves ... just keep our expectations low.

Top Bottom