I hope this isn't a "Machete" day

hungan1

Reaction score
The Gophers better bring it on today.

If they stumble in the second half, I have my Plan B lined up - "Machete".

It sis a combo platter western/samurai/action movie full of has-been actors. The cheesy plot involved the southern border, vigilantes, drugs, crooked politicians, and cops, embroiled in a comic strip action movie. It is indicative of the times that we are in. It leaves you wondering, what is the whole point?

When a movie has both Robert De Niro and Lindsay Lohan in it with other washed-up characters, it is worth watching for the chuckles. It will be better than watching the Gophers give away another game.

It is good distraction therapy.

I hope it doesn't come to that with a Gopher victory. Nothing is more therapeutic than that.

Last edited:

Danny Trejo is one of my favorites. 77 years old now and I saw a rerun of him with Bear Grylls. Not sure his age then, but over 70.

The Gophers better bring it on today.

If they stumble in the second half, I have my Plan B lined up - "Machete".

It sis a combo platter western/samurai/action movie full of has-been actors. The cheesy plot involved the southern border, vigilantes, drugs, crooked politicians, and cops, embroiled in a comic strip action movie. It is indicative of the times that we are in. It leaves you wondering, what is the whole point?

When a movie has both Robert De Niro and Lindsay Lohan in it with other washed-up characters, it is worth watching for the chuckles. It will be better than watching the Gophers give away another game.

It is good distraction therapy.

I hope it doesn't come to that with a Gopher victory. Nothing is more therapeutic than that.

Can't go wrong with a cheesy Robert Rodriguez film; although I think two of my favorites of his as director were written by Tarantino (Planet Terror and Dusk Til Dawn).

It is looking like I am going to break out the "Machette" movie early instead of watching the carnage.

Fun movie. And there is a decent sequel!

I will have to hunt the sequel down. Thanks!
If that movie ends up being your style, I recommend checking out Grindhouse. It's a double feature with Death Proof and Planet Terror. And has fake previews in the middle which is actually where Machete came from.

I'd still watch Machete with the Goph win. Michelle Rodriguez isn't Salma but she's not bad on the eyes.

Top Bottom