I hope Coyle is watching

I'm waiting for out state gopher to chime in...

In the last few days Coach P got another recruit from Nebraska. Fleck got two high profile transfers. Apparently it's not impossible.
Are we on about the women again?? Comparing apples to oranges using rocks?

Football is different too. I'm not following it as closely at the moment.

But to get a high profile basketball transfer, the starting price is about $500K.

Are we on about the women again?? Comparing apples to oranges using rocks?

Football is different too. I'm not following it as closely at the moment.

But to get a high profile basketball transfer, the starting price is about $500K.
The football players are transferring from LSU and Clemson for free but a decent back-up B1G wing is $500K? Poor Ben!

Just today, PJ has added transfers from Georgia and Virginia Tech.

Oh now we're talking back-ups? No, you don't have to pay much for those.
2 of the highest rated recruits in recent history.......the Georgia WR had 24 offers coming out of high school. Either could have transferred just about anywhere. CBJ is losing recruiting battles with Akron.

Coyle is making over $1M per year. He cares about ONE thing. Keeping his job for as long as possible. And building up a nice severance package.

He's not a Gophers BB fan. He's not from here.

His job is public relations. Make us think he's working on the issues. But our administration has always been against men's BB.

In this case...I can't honestly say I disagree with our administration. Schools paying for players is pure sleaze.

In this case...I can't honestly say I disagree with our administration. Schools paying for players is pure sleaze.
This entire operation is sleaze right now. Boosters trying to outbid players paying them under the table kids running around with no repercussions no accountability, absolute freefall. They need to find some order pretty fast. Everything‘s gonna come crashing down.

Just today, PJ has added transfers from Georgia and Virginia Tech.
The question I have is WHY would any highly rated QB or WR go to the U? PJ consistently is down with Army and Navy in pass attempts. Nothing in his history indicates he has any interest in changing that philosophy. In the past he has had a couple receivers who have turned onto decent, even good players. But why an existing one would leave somewhere else to come here is beyond me? Now a running back is an entirely different matter.

The question I have is WHY would any highly rated QB or WR go to the U? PJ consistently is down with Army and Navy in pass attempts. Nothing in his history indicates he has any interest in changing that philosophy. In the past he has had a couple receivers who have turned onto decent, even good players. But why an existing one would leave somewhere else to come here is beyond me? Now a running back is an entirely different matter.
New fan of big ten football are ye?

This entire operation is sleaze right now. Boosters trying to outbid players paying them under the table kids running around with no repercussions no accountability, absolute freefall. They need to find some order pretty fast. Everything‘s gonna come crashing down.
Of course I agree that this is SLEAZE.

But how will everything come crashing down though?

The public watches anything that's put in front of them. And for every fan we lose, the winning teams gain a fan. So their overall money & ratings should be fine.

Of course I agree that this is SLEAZE.

But how will everything come crashing down though?

The public watches anything that's put in front of them. And for every fan we lose, the winning teams gain a fan. So their overall money & ratings should be fine.
You give that much money, power and control to a bunch of kids. It’s inmates running the asylum it’s only a matter of time.

You give that much money, power and control to a bunch of kids. It’s inmates running the asylum it’s only a matter of time.
Yup. In it's current configuration, this "model" is not sustainable. Businesses do not like volatility. The markets don't like volatility. Consumers do not like volatility. Of course, there are always the thrill seekers who really like this kind of stuff. But for the majority of the participants, erratic situations are to be avoided. The pain of loss is a more visceral, prolonged experience than the joy of gain. CBB is perhaps unknowingly exposing a large part of their customers to pain. Unless the plan is to move into the BDSM market, this is a bad long-term strategy.

Plus this whole 'NIL' thing originated from a California lawsuit.

Supported by their Governor. But he did issue a terse statement about the Pac-12 dissolving.

Yup. In it's current configuration, this "model" is not sustainable. Businesses do not like volatility. The markets don't like volatility. Consumers do not like volatility. Of course, there are always the thrill seekers who really like this kind of stuff. But for the majority of the participants, erratic situations are to be avoided. The pain of loss is a more visceral, prolonged experience than the joy of gain. CBB is perhaps unknowingly exposing a large part of their customers to pain. Unless the plan is to move into the BDSM market, this is a bad long-term strategy.
We're already excited about the new guard we just signed.

We're already excited about the new guard we just signed.
Of course we are because deep down we still want the Gophers to have a decent team. I’ve been a season-ticket holder for many years, and I’m a member of the Golden Dunkers . I do my part to the best of my ability to support this team. My 11 year-old son looks up to his kids and I see the disappointment on his face with his favorite player. After telling everyone he’s going to stay up and leaves. It’s tough to watch. It’s a good message were sending to the younger generation if something gets a little difficult just quit and go somewhere else.

Top Bottom