I hope Al is hitting the books....

Sota1

Reaction score
Since AN left the team we have been weak on defense. Our pressure defense has disappeared. Also, need a competent ball handler. Without him next year we are in trouble.

No doubt we need Al back. The thought of not having him back and losing players to transfer is very, very terrifying. Its scary to think of where we could end up at. However, I have to believe Al will get himself back on track. He's been able to keep himself eligible up until now so I'm going to continue thinking that this is a temporary setback and expect him back for next year unless I hear otherwise.

Well, next year couldn't get any worse in terms of not meeting expectations. From my expectations as a potential final four team to an NIT team is quite a drop. Even if we lost every game next year (which of course wouldn't happen with our cupcake schedule), it wouldn't be as dissappointing as this year.

Totally agree... without AL we have no Defensive Identity... shame on all you posters who criticized him for his lack of offense... he was much more valuable (invaluable) to this team on the defensive end... and, while he didn't put the ball in the basket as much as we would have liked, he actually ran the offense quite competently

Totally agree... without AL we have no Defensive Identity... shame on all you posters who criticized him for his lack of offense... he was much more valuable (invaluable) to this team on the defensive end... and, while he didn't put the ball in the basket as much as we would have liked, he actually ran the offense quite competently

he was knocked for his offense, not his D. His D is more valuable that his O, but I dont think anyone should be shamed for knocking his offensive game. I agree he was decent at running the O, and that is really hurting us now.

he was knocked for his offense, not his D. His D is more valuable that his O, but I dont think anyone should be shamed for knocking his offensive game. I agree he was decent at running the O, and that is really hurting us now.

okay, right, I agree with your statement... my post was directed more at those people who went overboard on Al, basically implying that he was more of a detriment to the team than a positive to the team, net-net... net-net his weak offense, strong defense

Our pressure defense has been non-existent since Nolen left. When is the last time we had a steal? It's been ages!

As I understand it, Al is out the rest of the season. I could be totally wrong however, that's just what I've been led to believe.

I agree--I said to someone during the Michigan game (where our press was getting absolutely shredded every time) when was the last time the Tubby Press forced a steal? I really can't even remember. Granted it was against really crappy Non-Con opponents, but it used to be effective.

Top Bottom