I have to call it.

nasa35

Reaction score
Weber is the Number one cause of our failure.

Our QB play has been pathetic. Even with a bad QB we're 7-4 maybe 8-3.

Brew has been loyal to Weber but disloyal to the program. Weber should never see the field again as a Gopher. I'm sure he's a nice kid, but he's an awlful leader. It's not even fun to watch when he's in the game.

I don't know. Weber's performance has left something to be desired but I don't know if people on this board are qualified to say what kind of a leader he is. Not very many of us are in the huddle, the locker room, on the sidelines at practice or see how he interacts with teammates off of the field of play. I apologize if you are an insider with that kind of access but otherwise I would question whether you can get a true gauge of what kind of leader he is.

I agree with the original post in that Weber is the #1 reason. However, I believe he's a good leader (and a terrific kid). His inconsistency is maddening, and you can't win more than you lose with this kind of QB play.

Talked quite a bit with his Dad, Bobby Weber, at the Northwestern game. He and his wife are VERY appreciative of the unwavering support Brewster shows to his son. Adam came very close to choosing to go to Wisconsin, but his Dad said he chose to go to Minnesota primarily to stay close to family and friends. He didn't try to sway his son one way or the other (he went to med school at Wisconsin)

But this may be Brewsters biggest weakness in the long run, his loyalty (or maybe it is really more like stubbornness.)

No doubt he is a good leader-it is really his play that is lacking-when he is hot (MSU game) he is quite good, but when he is cold (ILL, SDSU, PSU, OSU, etc) he really hurts the team. Brew can still be loyal to him and the team-his play real time should determine his playing time....perhaps knowing he will get the sit down will make him play better-much needed motivation. There is a bigger picture here...

Top Bottom