I come in peace. Jerry Kill.........

IlliniHimey

Reaction score
As an Illinois resident and University of Illinois alum, I have been watching Kill's career for the last 10 years or so. Was also impressed with his ability to turnaround just about any program.

When he left Northern Illinois for Minnesota, I can tell you that many Illini fans were upset, because they really had Kill pegged as their next football coach. Years later, it is easy to say Kill >>>> Beckman/Cubit. Even though Minnesota is having a very un-Jerry Kill sort of season, I would much rather have Kill than the meatheads that have trotted around the Urbana/Champaign campus for years.

Always appeared that Kill was one of the good guys in coaching. Yeah, I remember the story of the Minnesota linebacker that went after Kill after graduation, saying that Kill was insufferable. I seem to recall Kill saying that he was not there to win a popularity contest. Kill was right, and that was basically the end of it. Now, one of the good guys in coaching has to step down from what he loves. I can not even imagine. As a college football fan, it sucks beyond belief that again, one of the good guys in coaching has to retire.

So many slime-balls out there that get to keep doing what they are doing. It is just not fair.

Thanks and all the best to you and the Illini at least until we meet on the field.

Thanks for the post. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Go Gophers!!

Thank you for the classy post and for thinking of gophernation.

Was shocked and disappointed to hear the news this morning as Kill really seemed to have the Gophs moving in the right direction. Best of luck to Kill and his family. I hope his health is better than it seemed in the presser today.

It definitely sucks. Coach Kill was one of the good guys in college football and in life. While it is understandable that fans might despair, my impression is that he has done enough to set Minnesota football on the right path.

Every fan base likes to think their own coach (especially if he's won) is a saint, and in most cases it's bunk. Kill truly was one of the "good guys" of college football, and the game could use more like him. He demanded that his players be good citizens and good students first and foremost.

Top Bottom