I can't help but wonder...

Moonlight

Reaction score
Clearly the timing of all this was handled. Had White not gotten himself in deep doo-doo at the MOA, Maturi might have gone with a different decision with Trevor. But how many trials can you have pending in one program? Seriously, once White was in trouble, it made it much harder, if not impossible, for Maturi to make any other decision than the one he went with.

And I continue to wonder how Bostick fits into all this. If I were him and not in any legal trouble, I'd worry about "guilt" by association.

I hadn't thought of that, Moon, but I think there is linkage between the university's response to the White and Trevor situations. In terms of Bostick, there could be a million reasons why he was suspended and the whole team is going to suffer guilt by association.

What the situation tells us also is that Tubby has taken a risk on a number of "at risk" players and, while recognizing that college hoops is a skanky business almost everywhere, that is a real concern in terms of future consequences for the university and the program.

As serious as Trevor's situation is, I sure hope Maturi wasn't influenced by White's arrest. That strikes me as acting pretty cynical and Maturi doesn't come across that way. I also hope Bostick is not in legal trouble; we don't need another hit like that.

I don't think it is cynical - I think it is realistic. If Maturi was on the fence weighing and this came down the pike, it would have to influence him. A few days ago we were all discussing what a tough decision it was for Maturi - imagine if he had decided differently the criticism there would have been for him when the White situation splashed across the news wires.

I don't have a lot of criticism for Tubby for taking on these players, Jammer. If they weren't local, then yes I would. Just consider it a local community service project?!

Top Bottom