Huskers down a RB

Purdue also getting clobbered with injuries. You don't like to see injuries happen to anyone.

Purdue has had incredibly unfortunate "luck" when it comes to injuries in recent years. Having their QB and best receiver go down on the SAME PLAY against the Gophers was something I have never seen before.

It is the worst part of my favorite sport, and there isn't a close second in that department. Cruel irony that in a sport where you get so few games, injuries can take such a large portion of the season away from players.

At the colorado game there were colorado players dropping like flies, I was really concerned. Injuries are the worst part of sports.

Purdue has had incredibly unfortunate "luck" when it comes to injuries in recent years. Having their QB and best receiver go down on the SAME PLAY against the Gophers was something I have never seen before.

It is the worst part of my favorite sport, and there isn't a close second in that department. Cruel irony that in a sport where you get so few games, injuries can take such a large portion of the season away from players.
And schools like Purdue, even MN. Don't have Ohio St type depth where "Oh our 3rd stringer can win a natty too!!!". The fall can be way farther.

Gabe Ervin looked to be their best back -- they have a lot of depth, but he seemed to have the highest ceiling.

At the colorado game there were colorado players dropping like flies, I was really concerned. Injuries are the worst part of sports.

not sure the physicality is at the same level in PAC or Big12

If NE's running back situation has so much depth why is their QB the leading ground gainer?
Frost has not recruited RBs that show up on game day like other coaches in the BIG do.

If NE's running back situation has so much depth why is their QB the leading ground gainer?
Frost has not recruited RBs that show up on game day like other coaches in the BIG do.
because their oline is putrid.

I remember in 1983, there were THREE times when two Gophers were hurt on the same play. It was so bad they actually advertised in the Minnesota Daily for able bodied students to walk on to the team just to have enough numbers. They actually did not put out any line for the Michigan-Minnesota line due to doubt that the Gophers could field a competitive team. This might not be quite as bad as losing your best 2 players on the same play, but the Gophers have certainly had some bad times in the injury department too!!

because their oline is putrid.
The number of carries per player is not dependent on the quality of the OL.
Martinez has so many carries because the RBs are not very good.
Last year two QBs and a skinny WR were the principal RBs for NE.

I remember in 1983, there were THREE times when two Gophers were hurt on the same play. It was so bad they actually advertised in the Minnesota Daily for able bodied students to walk on to the team just to have enough numbers. They actually did not put out any line for the Michigan-Minnesota line due to doubt that the Gophers could field a competitive team. This might not be quite as bad as losing your best 2 players on the same play, but the Gophers have certainly had some bad times in the injury department too!!
The 1983 Gopher Team was likely the worst (and unluckiest) all-time. Although they somehow beat Rice in the opener, it was followed by 10 straight losses. Average score for those losses was Opponents 50, Gophers 18.

The Gopher players have been using wearable monitors to optimize their practices, workouts, and even nutrition. That must help mitigate injuries. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't pile up injuries to key players especially in the back half of the season.

Aren’t they all 4 star guys? Hard to believe they don’t have talent.
They have Bryce Benhart.

They played Oklahoma real close in a losing effort. It is not for lack of talent. Coaching has a lot to do with it.

The 1983 Gopher Team was likely the worst (and unluckiest) all-time. Although they somehow beat Rice in the opener, it was followed by 10 straight losses. Average score for those losses was Opponents 50, Gophers 18.
This was my first season of going to games.. I was 4... I never wanted to leave no matter the score... Still gets held against me

They have Bryce Benhart.

They played Oklahoma real close in a losing effort. It is not for lack of talent. Coaching has a lot to do with it.
I’m sure the have more than just benhart. Without looking I’ll guarantee he isn’t their highest rated OL recruit.

Huskers are down a head coach too.......................

The number of carries per player is not dependent on the quality of the OL.
Martinez has so many carries because the RBs are not very good.
Last year two QBs and a skinny WR were the principal RBs for NE.
Agree to disagree -- I think they have talent in the running back room but their line is undisciplined (all five starters got a false start against OK) and getting no push. One doesn't run the ball if your line is putrid and thus the number of carries the running backs get and the subsequent yardage will be less than a dynamic quarterback -- maybe I'm obtuse but I don't completely follow your response.

I’m sure the have more than just benhart. Without looking I’ll guarantee he isn’t their highest rated OL recruit.
Turner Corcoran was rated more highly than Benhart --- their tackles are four stars but they are young RS FR and RS SO -- the inside of their line aren't and are being abused.

Edit: Apparently Cam Jurgens was a 4* TE, and I do like him -- but if one watches their games (as I have this year) the line is the worst part of the team. Good defense though which makes me excited to see how we stack up when the come here.

Turner Corcoran was rated more highly than Benhart --- their tackles are four stars but they are young RS FR and RS SO -- the inside of their line aren't and are being abused.

Edit: Apparently Cam Jurgens was a 4* TE, and I do like him -- but if one watches their games (as I have this year) the line is the worst part of the team. Good defense though which makes me excited to see how we stack up when the come here.
Great info. Thanks for doing what I was too lazy to do!

Engaged a Purdue friend today and first the first thing he offered was injuries hitting them hard.

Probably in poor taste I responded "1 Ibrahim = 4 Boilers" for injuries.

I need to be more sensitive to the woes of our West Division rivals.

Really though, I want every FB player to make it through with little or no injury every season. That's not the reality for this sport.

Engaged a Purdue friend today and first the first thing he offered was injuries hitting them hard.

Probably in poor taste I responded "1 Ibrahim = 4 Boilers" for injuries.

I need to be more sensitive to the woes of our West Division rivals.

Really though, I want every FB player to make it through with little or no injury every season. That's not the reality for this sport.
I agree with everything you said, especially needing to be more sensitive to the woes of other fans as I don't want this sport to whither due to fan apathy. With that said I think we have been lucky in the injury department as each time a player has gone down in the last decade we've generally had a rather capable backup emerge and play well (AWJr being the glaring exception in my head).

Top Bottom