Husker

Doc1001

Reaction score
Your wining and dining and schmoozing with Learfield sports paid off. Congrats.

Your wining and dining and schmoozing with Learfield sports paid off. Congrats.

I followed those email links that were provided several times to voice my concerns over the Gopher football announcing situation. Whatever the reason, our prayers have been answered!

Thank you, but it was a legion who contacted Greg Gerlach. And a few of you who took the attack to the sponsors as well. The hand writing was on the wall for Learfield and the sponsors. Declining ratings, a younger demographic, and of course Dave Lee.

I must say this is good news, however, it is only a half measure. I will not rest till Dave is gone. I found this a little troubling "Still pending is who will be the on-air voices at the new broadcast homes, said Gophers spokesman Gary Bowman. "No final decisions have been made," he said. The school hopes to "announce those details in the coming weeks."

Doc do you have a syringe or stake I could borrow?

I understand waiting to fully celebrate until the deed is completely done, but CCO has already said Lee isn’t leaving the station and Maturi has indicated that he expects changes in the radio broadcast team for football because some of the “talent” has commitments to another station. Lee obviously loves doing the games, but even if Learfield, the U and KFAN wanted to him to continue doing the games, he’s not going to leave his regular job to do 13 Gopher football games in the fall.

I wonder about Dave Mona, what he knew and when in his dual role as a WCCO employee and a University employee. I don’t think he offers much to the game broadcasts, but I have enjoyed his historical pieces in the pregame show when I have heard them and wouldn’t mind him continuing in that role. Would he ditch Sid to do that?

Top Bottom