Husker fans

Mvgopher

Reaction score
Having traveled to half of the BIG venues, Nebraska was by far the friendliest and classiest fan base. We could learn a lot from them. There was hardly a dry eye during the Osborn tribute. Boy do they love that man. Thanks HuskerMax for a terrific tailgate !

Having traveled to half of the BIG venues, Nebraska was by far the friendliest and classiest fan base. We could learn a lot from them. There was hardly a dry eye during the Osborn tribute. Boy do they love that man. Thanks HuskerMax for a terrific tailgate !

For the most part I agree about the fans. Living here, I get a little different look at the fans. Believe me, they can be dicks also. They can afford to be friendly to Gopher fans, because they are very confident they will kick the Gophers rear ends.

For the most part I agree about the fans. Living here, I get a little different look at the fans. Believe me, they can be dicks also. They can afford to be friendly to Gopher fans, because they are very confident they will kick the Gophers rear ends.

Very true. A buddy was down there a handful of games from 2005 to 2010. They included the Missouri/Nebraska games in 2006 and 2008.. Nebraska had beaten the Tigers EVERY YEAR from 1979 to through 2002. The Tigers then won three out of four and four out six through 2008. The Nebraska fans were very friendly and classy for all of the games except the Missouri games. "Classy" is an adjective that would not be used for them then.

Missouri fans, from what I've heard, have a pretty bad rep themselves. However, the Nebraska fans acted as if it was their divine right to win and did not like the blasphemers. Let's hope that Gopher Fans can get some of that treatment too in the next few years.

I didnt hear one negative remark from the Nebraska fans, I think they really just felt sorry for me. After the Tom Osborne presentation I said to my crew, which was 3 Husker fans, so who is that guy? And the fans around me were cracking up.

Exactly.This is the reputation that Nebraska fans have always had. They take pride in being gracious and magnanimous when they are whipping on your team, but that's really just another form of condescension. They are FAR less gracious when they are losing. Just read a Nebraska message board sometime.

Top Bottom