Huge win! Nice job Adam!

cncmin

Reaction score
Ordinarily, a mere second win of the season wouldn't be a big deal, but this was huge for the players and for the coaching staff (and their future careers).

I have been a big critic of Adam Weber all season, but great job today by Adam, certainly no one ever doubted his toughness. That run on 3rd-and-10 with the game on the line was the play of the game. I don't think he's run that fast for the past 3 years.

As for Jeff Horton, the man nearly cried when doing his post-game interview. I, for one, was happy to see it - no doubt anymore that he cares. I thought it was a nice job with getting Gray some reps today. No surprise that the team played with passion, probably much because of it.

What a win!

Good blocking and solid defense. Weber deserves some praise.

If he gets bashed for bad play, he deserves the kudos when he is playing well. Good job.

Congrats to all the Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to Weber and Ellestad. This week the Gopher WRs get my goat vote. Big-ups to Anthony Jacobs for showing up at DE. Still can't figure out what Garin is doing on the field. Johnson and Henderson get the co-defensive goat award. I think Marqueis gave this team a spark. I appreciate his efforts, even with a bad hand (minus the drop).

As for Jeff Horton, the man nearly cried when doing his post-game interview. I, for one, was happy to see it - no doubt anymore that he cares.

Just imagine how many games he's had to coach where the players had so little left to play for. With UNLV, the Lions, and now this year.

This team could have easily given up when they lost the lead in the 4th quarter.

After the last two weeks, I certainly think we can beat Iowa. They should have lost to Indiana last week. At the very least, if we can play a tough, good game in two weeks, that could certainly give us some momentum going into the offseason. It's better to end the season on a positive note that's for sure.

As for Jeff Horton, the man nearly cried when doing his post-game interview. I, for one, was happy to see it - no doubt anymore that he cares.

What a win!

I think most people knew he cared. Just the ones who threw a fit or pouted when Horton didn't do what they wanted attacked the character of these coaches.

Won't have a lasting effect, if at all, but I hope some of the asshole-type posters on the forum watched Horton's interview or saw the joy on the faces of this team. These are real people with emotions, and, for the most part, decent people. Ya, I know, this ain't junior high football, I pay my money, if only they were as tough as I am on the internet, blah, blah, blah.

He played a good game today. Not great not terrible. He made the plays he needed to make to win them the ballgame.

When Adam Weber outplays the opposing QB the gophers are undefeated this season.

Yes, I did not see this coming and I'm thrilled for the kids and the coaches.
While there were some missed plays, there were some really great plays:
- Stoudemire's return reignited them and got the "mo" back...we've been waiting along time for him to really break one, timing couldn't have been better!
- Bennett's tough run on the screen and Weber's QB draw on the last drive
- Adam threw some balls away today rather than taking the sack.
- Playing Gray takes some of the heat off Adam. I think when you play every play of every game for year's it's simply too much responsibility and it weigh's on you. Adam seems to have more bounce in this step when Gray relieves him for a series or two.
- The defense was better...and in some cases played great.
Great game and Congrats to the kids and the coaches!
GO GOPHERS!

He played a good game today. Not great not terrible. He made the plays he needed to make to win them the ballgame.

When Adam Weber outplays the opposing QB the gophers are undefeated this season.

You're just giving AW's detractors more ammunition... ;)

Top Bottom