HS Coaching Legend George Thole: Gophers poised to exceed media expectations

Thanks, BleedGopher, for the many links that you locate and post daily. The timely information as a result of your threads/links makes GopherHole a first stop for things related to Gopher sports. The articles, of course, more often than not, lead to some good discussions, too.

Thank you BleedGopher and GopherHole for a job well done!! And keep up the good work.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks, BleedGopher for all of your links which instill interest and curiosity. Thanks also go to DL65 for his Sunday morning summaries of Kill's Sports Huddle summaries. GopherHole Rules, lakesbison drools.

My Stillwater wine store used to advertise with the Stillwater Gazette they do a decent job. The author is a legend in Stillwater for winning high school football championships. He has been hard to replace.

Thole was a great coach and a good guy to have in your corner. I've always been a fan of his straightforward style.

Good article.. and I hope Coach Thole is right!

I had to play against Thole's Stillwater teams my highschool years because I went to Mounds View. They were damn hard to beat. Now, Mr. Thole sits just a few rows in front of me at the new Brickhouse and I have had the chance to really meet him. He is a very nice man, much different than I was lead to believe when I was younger.

I had to play against Thole's Stillwater teams my highschool years because I went to Mounds View. They were damn hard to beat. Now, Mr. Thole sits just a few rows in front of me at the new Brickhouse and I have had the chance to really meet him. He is a very nice man, much different than I was lead to believe when I was younger.

He is different away from football.

I had the pleasure of hanging out with Thole at a track meet this spring.
He's the embodiment of an old school and salty hs football coach, I can see why he likes Kill. Really entertaining to listen to an old coach like that.

Top Bottom