HS Basketball update - New Section assignments due this week

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Just a note FWIW.

the MSHSL executive board on Thursday approved new classifications and section assignments for all sports (except football). the information will reportedly be posted on the MSHSL website on Friday of this week (April 7th).

will be interesting to see whether any schools move up or down in classification, and which sections they are assigned to.

I believe the new enrollment figures have already been determined for the next two school years. those can be found on the MSHSL website if you know where to look. good luck with that.

always interesting when these come out.

the section i follow the closest in watching games is section 6AA and its always a very very tough section. so always look forward to if teams are dropped and who is added.

as always wish there was an easy fix to the enrollment differences. again looking at section 6AA you have....
Annandale=558
Foley=548
Albany=497
Milaca=447
Spectrum=435
Mora=409
Pine City=402
Melrose=397
St. Cloud Cathedral=380
Sauk Centre=319
Holdingford=304
Royalton=272
Osakis=243
Kimball=238
Rush City=237
Maple Lake=228

330 more kids from the high of the section to the bottom.....
AA overall 568 is the high and 217 is the low

Can find basketball here. Some movement between 3A and 4A sections so some odd number sections with 7 or 9 teams mainly due to geography.

Can find basketball here. Some movement between 3A and 4A sections so some odd number sections with 7 or 9 teams mainly due to geography.

Legacy Christian Academy in Andover moves from A to AA and is put in section 6AA. Maple Lake moved from AA to A and is put in Section 5A

that map feature is always interesting when looking at it online

I see Cooper dropped from 4A to 3A.

Top Bottom