How would Tommy Olson look at Defensive Tackle?

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
I am sure he will end up on our line, but I wonder how he would look as a defensive tackle. I believe he plays both offense and defense in highschool.

Olson will play in the offensive line. I for one would slot him into the center position. Burris is a Senior, Wynn and Mottla will battle during his freshman year which he can red shirt. Wynn will graduate and the battle will be on. The redshirt freshman vs. the reshirt Junior. Coach Brewster is just now getting the balance of 12-14 defensive lineman and 15 offensive lineman on the roster who compete.

With Carufel a senior, Wills a senior. Those two slots are up for grabs right now. Each practice, each workout, each conditioning drill, each film session. Who is the next right guard, and right tackle? Will it be filled by a upper classman or a redshirt freshman.

It's funny after all this development we will probably be very young again on the Oline, but still better. If true, that bodes well for the future. Hopefully we don't have to take a step back.

I know he is going to play offensive line. I am just asking how he would look as a defensive tackle.

Top Bottom