How will the Minneapolis vaccine mandate impact attendance?

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
Since it has been proven that you're still going to get and transmit covid while fully vaxxed is this mandate any different than saying, "you must be white/Christian/male/straight" or any other discrimination that would not be acceptable?

paulser21

Reaction score
I’m glad I live in a metropolitan area that doesn’t have these mandates. It’s tearing you guys apart!!!

bga1

Reaction score
25???? I've taken zero. Get a life.

And nothing is free. Someone is paying for it. Either thru taxes or inflation.

Are you 12?
Most of our society now lives at a mental age of 12. "They are free" Unreal.

No, as you say, the tests are not free. Taxpayers are paying for them and the costs of processing them are HIGH. I know someone who took the Vault test. The cost was $300. Free to the person that took it. The insurance company paid $170, the government pays the rest. That means the taxpayers pay the rest. A person who has taken 25 tests has done so selfishly out of fear and at the cost to other taxpayers.

It's pretty simple. If you are sick or feeling achy. Stay home until you are better.

I will be asking the University for a refund for the games covered by this policy. This is insane.

bga1

Reaction score
So which other countries have you been to in the past two years?
None. But that wasn't my decision, that was the decision of progessive governments that want to control people- to absolutely no avail. You would fit in well in Australia.

Did you celebrate Christmas with your family and friends mask free or did you make each other test and fill out a political test to show up? Do you check with your friends to see who is vaccinated and who isn't so you can figure out who to cancel?? I'm guessing you do.

bga1

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see what the U does (if they're able to make their own rules or not). I have tickets to both hockey and basketball coming up, but I'm not going to bring my 2 and 4 year old to the doctor and get a test just to go to the games, so I guess I might have to sell those tix.
Make them give you a refund. They are going to be stuck on stupid until the fans make them pay. I hope 30% of the fans ask for a refund. Deluge them with phone calls.

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
I mean if you are still not vaccinated at this point what the heck is wrong with you? Seriously. Our health care workers don’t deserve this shit. It’s not just about what’s best for you, it’s may keep a friend, neighbor, stranger or even a Hawkeye or badger fan stranger from getting sick.

bga1

Reaction score
I mean if you are still not vaccinated at this point what the heck is wrong with you? Seriously. Our health care workers don’t deserve this shit. It’s not just about what’s best for you, it’s may keep a friend, neighbor, stranger or even a Hawkeye or badger fan stranger from getting sick.
Everyone has their own reason. Getting the vaccine is a personal risk assessment. Obviously the vaccine does not work at all against the spread. For me- I had Covid a year plus back and still have antibodies. There is no reason to take a vax that is inferior to my natural immune system.

The vaxxed are the spreaders of this disease now. You do what you want to your own body. Do you go around asking fat people what the heck is wrong with them? 75% of the hospitalized have 4 or more co-morbidities, most of them are fat.

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Everyone has their own reason. Getting the vaccine is a personal risk assessment. Obviously the vaccine does not work at all against the spread. For me- I had Covid a year plus back and still have antibodies. There is no reason to take a vax that is inferior to my natural immune system.

The vaxxed are the spreaders of this disease now. You do what you want to your own body. Do you go around asking fat people what the heck is wrong with them? 75% of the hospitalized have 4 or more co-morbidities, most of them are fat.
Natural immunity plus vaccine is the best immunity.

bga1

Reaction score
Natural immunity plus vaccine is the best immunity.
There is very little scientific evidence to back that. That said, do you have both? Would you like it if I told you that you should go out and get Covid to top off your vax? I doubt it. I respect your health care decisions. Respect mine.

Some guy

Reaction score
Temporary policy?

That’s basically saying the same thing as 3 weeks to flatten the curve. Moving goalposts, here we come.

My goodness, why don’t they at least grow a pair of balls and say it’s for the rest of the season? But they won’t do that because they’re trying to stave off people asking for a refund on what’s left of their season tickets effective immediately.
Because if the wave of omicron crashes as fast here as it did in South Africa it will likely not last much past the peak IMO
South Africa has basically been a 45-60 day wave.
Minnesota is on about day 25 of this wave.

I think the whole approach to Covid will be different by March 1 in the United States.

Spottedmuskie

Reaction score
Some people with an actual life have to get tested. Something you guys sitting in your basement wouldn't understand.
I've gone to multiple states, still have my job, healthy as ever, and haven't tested. There are ways around it, but you want to test. You want to continue this path we are. You welcome it with pride

Wally

Reaction score
I've gone to multiple states, still have my job, healthy as ever, and haven't tested. There are ways around it, but you want to test. You want to continue this path we are. You welcome it with pride

Yea, I don't want to kill my parents or inlaws, what an asshole I am.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Some people with an actual life have to get tested. Something you guys sitting in your basement wouldn't understand.
Have been going into work throughout. Have worked from home 5 days in 2-years. Go to restaurants every weekend. Go to sporting events. Have travelled domestically a few times. I have been tested once. I’m not sure what “actual life” would make 25 tests normal?

Wally

Reaction score
I’m not sure what “actual life” would make 25 tests normal?

I think I have tested 3, well 4 times if you count a rapid home test. I think two of those were when I got my kids tested and they were just like you might as well get tested to and considering it took only a minute I just did.

I think my kids have each probably tested 5 or 6 times.

Ask a gopher athlete how many times they have tested. I imagine Nadine has proximity to a team which necessitates her level of testing.

howeda7

Reaction score
Because if the wave of omicron crashes as fast here as it did in South Africa it will likely not last much past the peak IMO
South Africa has basically been a 45-60 day wave.
Minnesota is on about day 25 of this wave.

I think the whole approach to Covid will be different by March 1 in the United States.
That's the hope.

howeda7

Reaction score
In the last days there will mockers and scoffers walking after their own lusts -2 Peter 3:3
No man shall know the day or the hour. Personally, I'm not worried until the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

Top Bottom