How was the Viewing Party at the Bank?

Gopher Bandanna Guy

Irascible Skeptic
Reaction score
To anybody who attended - Just curious how the turnout was, and how fun it was watching the game on 'Tyranno-vision' from the field.

Sounded like a great time for a family. Did they let folks throw the pigskin around on the field during the game?

We went there for the first quarter or so, before heading to Sally's....it was a pretty good time. People camped out on blankets all over the field. And yes, people were throwing footballs around. I caught a couple dozen touchdown passes, tiptoed the sideline, did a lambeau leap. Pretty cool to be out there I have to admit.

Good Time

There was some posting on this last night.

About 300-400 people over the course of the game...with max attendance through half-time. Lots of people on the field...lots of little kids...and yes the pigskin was flying.

Overall a good time. They restricted access to the east end of the stadium and did not allow seating in the chairbacks. Because 5 minutes of rain came through at 6 PM, the seats and the field were wet. Note to fanbase: a couple of kitchen towels should be part of every GopherHoler's gamekit.

Concessions were available too.

Cooled down quick once the front came through. Viewing on the JumboTron was good but the sound quality was mixed.

Also, a meteor/fireball came down over the screen during the game. Pretty cool.

I will definitely do this type of thing again. I hope the small crowd size does not keep the University from doing this in the future.

Go Gophers! Beat the Coyotes!

I wonder why they didn't use the stadium's sound system? They had speakers set up in the east endzone instead, and it was very crackley.

Sounds pretty cool. I definitely like the idea of running pass routes on the field in between downs. Hope the U decides to continue this. Hey when you've got one of the largest TVs in the free world at your disposal, you may as well use it.

I wonder why they didn't use the stadium's sound system? They had speakers set up in the east endzone instead, and it was very crackley.

They were probably worried about pissing off the neighbors and having to read the editorial pages about how the stadium has ruined their perfect little paradise they had when they bought their houses. :rolleyes:

They were probably worried about pissing off the neighbors and having to read the editorial pages about how the stadium has ruined their perfect little paradise they had when they bought their houses. :rolleyes:

Funny how no one complains about Target Field noise...

It was good, they gave away some mini footballs, maroon and gold beads and noisemakers. My daughter always likes more trinkets. People thinned out around halftime. I left in the middle of the third quarter, my daughter was getting cold, I'll have to dress her warmer next time. I'd give watching the game at TCF an A+, I hope they do it for more road games. I had been hoping Subway would be open, like it was for the Fan Fest. My daughter doesn't meat meat (more for me), and my choice for her was nachos or a pretzel. She was fine with that, but my wife expects her to have slightly more nutritious dinners. :D

I thought it was perfect except for three things:
-The 5 minutes of downpour before the game. When I got there the field was bone dry and perfect for sitting on, but it was pretty moist after the rain store. Oh well, nothing to do about that.
-Sound system was weird, hopefully they will figure something better out next time.
-I would have loved to have a portion of the band there, but I completely understand the time commitment issues with rehearsal.

I would go to another viewing party for sure, it's just great to be in the stadium.

I was able to dunk on the goalpost so that was sweet...the band did stop by outside the stadium once and play the rouser for us late in the game...

Top Bottom