How to ruin a kicker

gopher_78

Reaction score
All game the talk was our kicker had a pulled groin. So you put him in the most pressure packed kick of this game and season? What a way to wreck his already thin confidence. Go for the win in that situation. I will accept that this was a coaching loss.

All game the talk was our kicker had a pulled groin. So you put him in the most pressure packed kick of this game and season? What a way to wreck his already thin confidence. Go for the win in that situation. I will accept that this was a coaching loss.

Good point but that was the announcers, maybe not the team. Maybe it's more of a distance problem for him? Would only say that Walker has made both his FG attempts and was 8 for 8 on XP before his miss in O.T.

Better question is why not go for 2 since the Maryland Offense had pushed you around for the entire 4th Quarter?

This was a coaching loss.
Kicker has to make extra points though, but when your kicking game is weak and defense can't stop anyone. You have your offense WIN THE GAME.

If kicking an extra point is too much pressure ruins a kicker, then it didn’t ruin him. He was already ruined.

If kicking an extra point is too much pressure ruins a kicker, then it didn’t ruin him. He was already ruined.

Yeh, I don't think kicking extra points is a confidence loss thing.
If your kicker is afraid to kick college level extra points, that's really fragile. (Italian).

This was a coaching loss.
Kicker has to make extra points though, but when your kicking game is weak and defense can't stop anyone. You have your offense WIN THE GAME.

Yep. The kid was 8 for 8 before the miss. He just missed it. You're right he shouldn't have been kicking it in the first place.

Good point but that was the announcers, maybe not the team. Maybe it's more of a distance problem for him? Would only say that Walker has made both his FG attempts and was 8 for 8 on XP before his miss in O.T.

Better question is why not go for 2 since the Maryland Offense had pushed you around for the entire 4th Quarter?
Agreed on both accounts. Walker looked like tried to finesse that one and aim it (hips left open), which leads to leaving it out right every single time. just lacked the follow through and power he had typically been kicking with

This loss is 100% on the defense! Yes, the offense could have a scored a couple times more. Yes, Fleck didn't have to be so conservative, but if the D makes a stop we win.

Top Bottom