How sweet will it be....

Winasota Gopher

Deep Insider
Reaction score
When we beat Wisconsin and derail their race to the tournament and derail their cindarella season?

Buck ****y!

When we beat Wisconsin and derail their race to the tournament and derail their cindarella season?

Buck ****y!

I've had that game circled on my calendar for a while. This game is our national championship. It would make my season if we beat Wisconsin at home.

It's doable, but I think Wisconsin still gets in after that win at Maryland, unless they royally **** themselves somewhere else

It's going to be really disappointing to not be able to provide a full-throated "CBI" chant as the game is winding down this year.

It's going to be really disappointing to not be able to provide a full-throated "CBI" chant as the game is winding down this year.

Despite beating Maryland the Badgers are going nowhere. So don't act so haughty :rolleyes:

It's going to be strange to potentially see three black players in Wisconsin basketball jerseys on the court at the same time.

I can't imagine that being sweet. We've got Wisconsin going to the title game last year and f'ing Iowa potentially winning the conference this season. Meanwhile in Minnesota the last winning conference record (!) was a decade ago. There's a lot of sweet experiences being had all around Minnesota....just not IN Minnesota.

Will you go with the F*ck Greg Gard chant?

That would be the sign of true respect.

Despite beating Maryland the Badgers are going nowhere. So don't act so haughty :rolleyes:

Have won 7 games in a row, including beating 2 of the 4 ahead of them in the conference. Nobody playing better in the Big 10 right now. Big game on Thursday.

Have expectations for Gopher BB sunk so low? I read this AM on ESPN that WI lost five out of seven players that got them to two Final Fours. Three of those players are in the NBA. Their long time coach retired after the season had begun. WI is capable of losing any game just as the Gophers have shown they could win any game but are unable to finish.
Beating WI at the end of a Gopher season that was by any definition miserable should not "make the season" for any fan.

Have expectations for Gopher BB sunk so low? I read this AM on ESPN that WI lost five out of seven players that got them to two Final Fours. Three of those players are in the NBA. Their long time coach retired after the season had begun. WI is capable of losing any game just as the Gophers have shown they could win any game but are unable to finish.
Beating WI at the end of a Gopher season that was by any definition miserable should not "make the season" for any fan.

I think we're just so tired this season of losing. It's a way to make good out of a bad situation. Beating the badgers would help give a little confidence to the team and the fanbase headed into the offseason.

It's our longstanding tradition around here.

1. Have a disappointing season or start season with fluky high expectations in hoops/football.

2. Declare that Iowa/Wisconsin/Michigan/Ohio State will have their season spoiled by us or that we will dethrone them.

3. 80-90% of the time it's wrong.

4. Receive zero pushback, because nobody even cares about us.

5. Repeat, because it's the only thing we can do as fans beside the "wait til next year" statement.

It's our longstanding tradition around here.

1. Have a disappointing season or start season with fluky high expectations in hoops/football.

2. Declare that Iowa/Wisconsin/Michigan/Ohio State will have their season spoiled by us or that we will dethrone them.

3. 80-90% of the time it's wrong.

4. Receive zero pushback, because nobody even cares about us.

5. Repeat, because it's the only thing we can do as fans beside the "wait til next year" statement.

It's both funny and sad that this is the exact same thing I was thinking. Glad I wasn't the one who had to type it out.

Will you go with the F*ck Greg Gard chant?

That would be the sign of true respect.

Nah, Gard seems like a descent guy.

Will a drunk college student spit in my face the next time I visit Camp Randall?

Fran is insufferable. Easily the biggest clown in the Big Ten

No, Thad Matta. Maybe not quite as demonstrative as Franny, but every bit the whiner and it seeps through every suit on the OSU bench.

'Expectations' are irrelevant right now. Beating WI would be fun. Why is that wrong?
This is part of the F-ed up attitude in MN - if its not a good season, nothing can be enjoyed, dammit!

Myself, I am hoping for the students to rush the floor after beating Rutgers. A win in the next two would be nice but two 0-14s matching up is historic.

Fran is insufferable. Easily the biggest clown in the Big Ten

True, but Crean isn't too far behind him, no one seems to want to call Izzo out either, guy looks like serial murderer when he yells at an official/player

You just learned this now???????

True, but Crean isn't too far behind him, no one seems to want to call Izzo out either, guy looks like serial murderer when he yells at an official/player

Crean is up there for me too. Between his super creepy tweets to recruits and teaching guys to flop. He's just sort of a sleaze.

Crean is up there for me too. Between his super creepy tweets to recruits and teaching guys to flop. He's just sort of a sleaze.

Well he did marry into the Harbough family, suppose that's where he gets his tips on how to creep out recruits

Anybody remember when we beat IU in 2013 one of there players flopped in the last minute of the game.

Top Bottom