How soon before Zook is canned?

beavergopher

Reaction score
I'm going with 1 PM today. Paging T Brewster. Your alma mater needs you. Their chili is cold.

All of the Illini are nursing their hangovers and pounding down the bloody marys about right now. so I'll go with 2:00pm. The Zooker is on his way to the Bahama's at this time. Stowed away in the luggage area of the plane so nobody will see him. Go Gophers!!!

Not saying I feel sad for Illinois, but just going through that whole process...ouch. I have no desire to go back to that any time soon. Hoping Kill is the answer and stays at least the whole 7 years on his contract. It's a LONG road from firing a guy to hiring a new staff to rebuilding to then being relevant again.

For what I am hearing Neushisle is gone at UCLA.

Illinois is so weird.

Two Rose Bowl qualifiers get canned in about a decade.

Erickson at ASU and Wulff at WSU also gone. PAC 12 bloggers joking about needing name tags for media day. Leach at WSU is not out of the realm of possibility. AD was AD at Oregon during their rise wants a high profile hire.

What a contrast yesterday. One one hand the energetic and enthused Gopher squad that easily could have written off the season. But they smelled blood and went for the "Kill".

And across the way, a disinterested team going through the motions and looked like they could care less.

Hope the Illini stays the course with Zook as the Gophers have done well against them.

I am glad we have Coach Kill on board.

What a contrast yesterday. One one hand the energetic and enthused Gopher squad that easily could have written off the season. But they smelled blood and went for the "Kill".

And across the way, a disinterested team going through the motions and looked like they could care less.

Hope the Illini stays the course with Zook as the Gophers have done well against them.

I am glad we have Coach Kill on board.

Agree. That "sumbitch" has his "No more Minnesota Nice at Our House" $hit together.

Seriously, Illinois is the 2nd or 3rd school in Illinois behind Notre Dame and Northwestern. They have their own unique set of challenges to deal with and Zook did about as good as anyone will do there.

Seriously, Illinois is the 2nd or 3rd school in Illinois behind Notre Dame and Northwestern. They have their own unique set of challenges to deal with and Zook did about as good as anyone will do there.

Notre Dame is in South Bend, INDIANA.

Go Gophers!!

So who's next at Illinois? Butch Jones? Paul Chryst?

As a native Illinoisan This is 100% false. U of I is #1 by far then Notre Dame, and Missouri down south. Northwestern might even be behind Northern Illinois.

I'm sure Kevin Sumlin will be on everyone's list. Mike Leach will be the fan favorite. Maybe Gary Barnett at 65 lobbies for one more shot and uses Bill Snyder to make his case.

Pretty sure this was not meant as a geographical statement of fact as it was a reference to the level of support. I'm thinking that much of the culture Polish Catholic area of Chicago as portrayed in "Rudy" prevails in many of those enclaves.

Notre Dame is in South Bend, INDIANA.

Go Gophers!!

Mike Leach is the hot candidate at WSU and Sumlin at ASU.

Pretty sure this was not meant as a geographical statement of fact as it was a reference to the level of support. I'm thinking that much of the culture Polish Catholic area of Chicago as portrayed in "Rudy" prevails in many of those enclaves.

If that's the case then you have to put UW in there. They definitely have a much larger fan base in Chicago than Northwestern does.

Go Gophers!!

Mike Leach is the hot candidate at WSU and Sumlin at ASU.

Sumlin could do better. Leach should jump on the next plane because Washington State is as good as he will do with a loaded contract allowing him to be fired for just about anything.

UCLA is currently 6-6 overall. If they lose to Oregon(10-2) Friday, They'll end up sub .500(6-7) and ineligible to go bowling. Nueheisel's 21-28 overall in his 4 season stint with the Bruins. A Eagle Bank Bowl win after the 2009 season is his only UCLA bowl appearance.

Top Bottom