How quickly can we get Cashman on scholarship?

balds

Reaction score
Is that something that can be done immediately, or do they have to wait until Fall semester?

Is that something that can be done immediately, or do they have to wait until Fall semester?

Couldn't agree more! Not only was he talented but he has a motor that only runs at 100%.

Totally agree he was a monster yesterday on D and special teams.

He can maybe get Winfield's for spring semester if he left school. I don't think you can give walk-ons one in the first two years and not have it count against those classes. Probably a Fall decision.

Not sure of all the rules and what not but I would assume as soon as they are in a position to award a scholarships to walk-ons his name will be at the very top of the list. Kid definitely earned one.

What a find. The thing I have really appreciated about Claeys and Sawvel is that they find roles for guys that have a knack for doing a thing or two really well. Cashman could develop into a three-down guy, but he is always going to have a role with the team even if he doesn't. Loved that Sawvel went away from form with Cashman quite a bit last night, which confused WSU to no end. I imagine when Leach and company looked at the film, they figured that when Cashman was on the field, the jailbreak blitz was on the way. Sawvel was one step ahead of Leach all night long.

Sawvel was one step ahead of Leach all night long.

Yup, he absolutely was. And Leach is absolutely a freaking genius. So what's that make Sawvel? Wow!

Exciting times ahead for Gopher FB...if we can get past all the bullcrap this offseason.

If he's with the program for two years, he can get a scholarship without counting towards recruiting numbers, he just counts towards the 85 overall. If he receives one before that he counts towards recruiting numbers for the year he's awarded.

Cashman has almost single-handedly saved the viewing experience for me, during our rough closing stretch and through last night's tight bowl game. He reminds me a lot of the Dallas Cowboys' MLB, in that he's all over the field, making plays, sure tackler. How he could be a walk-on is simply mystifying to me. Love #36, that's for sure. Need to keep him, at all costs.

To me, he was the best player on the field last night.

Not the player that played the best game. The best player.His closing speed is ridiculous as are his instincts.

Something like last 5 games he has 6 sacks and 9 tfl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played a very good game. Need more kids like him in the program willing to do whatever necessary to get on field. Congrats. He earned a scholly !

A Minnesota former HS player named "Blake" getting support here? Wow! The universe is changing!

Top Bottom