How P.J. Fleck, other Gophers coaches fared against the Hawkeyes

Series are within the conference are always interesting. I think some coaches just have bad match-ups with some other programs.

Wisconsin has won 16 straight over Purdue
Wisconsin 8 straight over Nebraska
Iowa 7 straight over Minnesota
Ohio State 9 straight over Wisconsin
Ohio State 12 straight over Minnesota
Minnesota 4 straight over Nebraska
Ohio State is 9-0 all time against Rutgers and 7-0 against Maryland
Michigan 7 straight over Maryland and 8 over Rutgers (Both beat MI in 2014)
Michigan had 24 straight on Indiana until losing in 2020.

Jeff Horton seemed like a good guy.

Maybe he wasn't interested in being the full-time head coach, but I would not have minded seeing him get a shot at it.

Taking over when he did, with a team that looked like a complete mess under Brewster, Horton brought some sanity and order to the situation, and the players seemed to respond to his style.

That 2010 win was not only cathartic, it was also really impressive considering who was on that Iowa team. Ricky Stanzi was having a good year, nearly their whole offensive line ended up in the NFL, and their defense had guys like Adrian Clayborn, Mike Daniels and Micah Hyde. That Iowa team went on to beat a 10-win, division-winning Missouri team in their bowl game.

Maybe he wasn't interested in being the full-time head coach, but I would not have minded seeing him get a shot at it.

Taking over when he did, with a team that looked like a complete mess under Brewster, Horton brought some sanity and order to the situation, and the players seemed to respond to his style.
I was really hoping that Kill would keep him. He was a loyal guy to the end. On top of it, he beat Iowa!

Jeff Horton was 20-48 as a head coach precious to his time at Minnesota.
His first year at Nevada he was 7-4
His first year at UNLV he was 7-5

Meaning the teams he recruited were 6-39

He may have been decent but we may never have had another sellout again if he wasn’t. Because on paper that would be the worst hire ever

Horton is in his 12th season at RB coach at San Diego St. I did not realize he'd been there this whole time since Minnesota.

Horton is in his 12th season at RB coach at San Diego St. I did not realize he'd been there this whole time since Minnesota.
We are on our 3rd coach since then.
Seems even longer than 12 for me

Top Bottom