how many games will we lose because colt left?

• colt's departure won't result in any more loses

Votes: 52 80.0%
  • we will lose 1-3 games because of no colt

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • we will lose 4-6 games because of no colt

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • we will lose 7+ games because of no colt

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score

Depends on if Trevor comes back or not. The Colton loss is much bigger if Trevor leaves because we will have no returning players who have displayed any sort of interior toughness and/or ability to get a tough rebound.

I think the larger issue is potentially adding yet another spring recruit to this roster and allowing it to get even less talented. I'd much, much rather have a Senior Colton Iverson than bring in another freshman (or even Juco) of questionable talent.

If (big IF) we fill Colton's scholaship we will have: Mo, Oto, Chip, Maverick, Julian, and the Colton replacement as Spring recruits. That is completely unacceptable and no way to build a major program.

Depends on if Trevor comes back or not. The Colton loss is much bigger if Trevor leaves because we will have no returning players who have displayed any sort of interior toughness and/or ability to get a tough rebound.

I think the larger issue is potentially adding yet another spring recruit to this roster and allowing it to get even less talented. I'd much, much rather have a Senior Colton Iverson than bring in another freshman (or even Juco) of questionable talent.

If (big IF) we fill Colton's scholaship we will have: Mo, Oto, Chip, Maverick, Julian, and the Colton replacement as Spring recruits. That is completely unacceptable and no way to build a major program.

EG#9, I agree with you on the concern over adding another Spring recruit. That was one of my fears when I heard this news. Losing a guy like Colt could hurt the roster for a year (assuming we don't sign someone better than him) or it could hurt the program for 3-4 years if we sign someone that isn't BT quality (always a concern with a Spring recruit) and therefore you potentially run into the exact same scenario next year if you try to push this new recruit out, or you spend 2-3 years just working with said recruit to get to a contributing role on a BT team. We must avoid the trap of allowing the loss of Colt to negatively impact the use of his scholarship for more than one season.

As we find ourselves once again scrambling for Spring recruits for the 2011 class, some of our BT peers are just filling one scholarship for 2012 and are already laying the ground work for 2013 with commitments already on the books.

Roster turnover happens, but it must be mitigated and the new scholarship must be a break-even at worse.

Go Gophers!!

Go ahead let's hear it...somebody blame Tubby for this too. EVERYTHING is always Tubby's fault!!!

Go ahead let's hear it...somebody blame Tubby for this too. EVERYTHING is always Tubby's fault!!!

I always wonder when a kid leaves after 3 years if its not for the NBA

Most kids will just go ahead and tough out their senior year and not transfer
with only a year left. I am not saying its because of Tubby but I do wonder
what makes a junior transfer.

I always wonder when a kid leaves after 3 years if its not for the NBA

Most kids will just go ahead and tough out their senior year and not transfer
with only a year left. I am not saying its because of Tubby but I do wonder
what makes a junior transfer.
I would think playing time. He lost a lot of playing time to Ralph...and Mo will be back. I still think not having a point guard hurt the centers and in turn really hurt Colton.

I hate getting spring recruits too, but it they can land Brooks (I was really hoping for Djurisic - ugh), I'd be okay with that. Can't we get R. Travis or Moats to change their minds???

Anyone else out there that may be a (good) possibility?

I would think playing time. He lost a lot of playing time to Ralph...and Mo will be back. I still think not having a point guard hurt the centers and in turn really hurt Colton.

Add Elliot to Mo, with Ralph back and Trevor back, Colt PT would be down to 12 minutes a game. Tubby is also trying to bring in another power forward that will help the team when Trevor leaves be it this year or next year. He knows that. He played great during the Big Ten's last year. This year he simply did not step up. He needs a year off to regain his mojo. I hope he does that rather than transferring to a Division II school. I think he has a pro career in front of him.

Even if we both lose Ralph and Trevor, which will not happen, his PT would not be significant. He had maybe 2 or 3 good games all year. Someone else will step up to fill that void, even if it is not a big.

The answer is 0.

EG#9, I agree with you on the concern over adding another Spring recruit. That was one of my fears when I heard this news. Losing a guy like Colt could hurt the roster for a year (assuming we don't sign someone better than him) or it could hurt the program for 3-4 years if we sign someone that isn't BT quality (always a concern with a Spring recruit) and therefore you potentially run into the exact same scenario next year if you try to push this new recruit out, or you spend 2-3 years just working with said recruit to get to a contributing role on a BT team. We must avoid the trap of allowing the loss of Colt to negatively impact the use of his scholarship for more than one season.

As we find ourselves once again scrambling for Spring recruits for the 2011 class, some of our BT peers are just filling one scholarship for 2012 and are already laying the ground work for 2013 with commitments already on the books.

Roster turnover happens, but it must be mitigated and the new scholarship must be a break-even at worse.

Go Gophers!!
Last year's twosome of Maverick and Chip IMO were worse than break-even. One should be playing D11 and the other should be in the DB mix under Coach Kill.

Top Bottom