How is that not TARGETING on Watson?

Was foster wearing a a maroon and gold jersey?

/s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That hit on Williams....wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because a Gopher didn't deliver the hit

I don't think hands to the head is targeting. But the hit on the WR was.

How about we just list Alabama's targets here. If this keeps up they are going to kill somebody.

You're talking about the WR and the CB hit right? I was just about to start the same thread. its total b.s. that that's not called. If that was anyone but bama they would've called it.

Just got done watching the entire game on delay.
Could have been 4 targeting calls tonight. The last one by Boulware on the Alabama receiver was no different than about half the ones that were called on the Gophers this season. Need some more consistency in this call going forward.

Just got done watching the entire game on delay.
Could have been 4 targeting calls tonight. The last one by Boulware on the Alabama receiver was no different than about half the ones that were called on the Gophers this season. Need some more consistency in this call going forward.

Agreed with 4

3 on Bama I would have called
Same one on clemson

Refs probably don't want to mess up a big game. They are okay messing up regular games so they just eject people Willy nilly

It is pathetic. Remove the ejection part of it and they'll call it MORE. No data has. Even providers to show the ejection rule reduces hard hits

I thought the one with Boulware was fine. Didn't launch himself, wrapped up and was a text book form tackle. There was a bit of helmet contact but there is helmet contact on every play in every game.

The crown of Boulwares helmet struck the facemask of the receiver and the receiver was defenseless.

Yep at least 4 missed targeting calls during that game. Would have been an easy 6 if the gophers were playing. For all the hype around the clemson D playing dirty, it sure seemed to me the Alabama D was playing a super dirty game. Intentionally trying to hurt the Clemson stars. It was blatantly obvious to our group watching the game.

Watching the targeting calls not being called made me wonder if that was something that bugged AD Coyle with the last regime.

Basically wondered if he took crap in AD circles over the Gophers stats here...which really started in the first game.

Maybe an aspect of "culture" requiring change? BTW, I found at least one targeting call for the Broncos, so it happened to them too.

Regardless, definitely a different standard being applied in the NC than for a B1G game, let alone the Gophers.

I saw ZERO difference between the Bouleware hit & the Rallis hit. If anything, Bouleware's hit was much worse.

We think Rallis got screwed; I agree. But Bill Carollo said that it was legit somehow.

Personally, I'm glad that they didn't call anything on Bouleware. To me, that's a football play & not a dangerous play. But it's hard now not to believe that officials come in with some sort of psychological bias about how a team plays and is more willing to look for something specific regarding specific teams. Just my thoughts....

Agreed with 4

3 on Bama I would have called
Same one on clemson

Refs probably don't want to mess up a big game. They are okay messing up regular games so they just eject people Willy nilly

It is pathetic. Remove the ejection part of it and they'll call it MORE. No data has. Even providers to show the ejection rule reduces hard hits

I agree that without the auto eject I do think they would call it more. Especially in a game like last night with so much on the line the refs don't want to eject players if they can avoid it. Will be interesting to see how much discussion this rule gets during the off-season.

I would love to see a supercut of all of Bama's targeting non-calls throughout the season.

Yep at least 4 missed targeting calls during that game. Would have been an easy 6 if the gophers were playing. For all the hype around the clemson D playing dirty, it sure seemed to me the Alabama D was playing a super dirty game. Intentionally trying to hurt the Clemson stars. It was blatantly obvious to our group watching the game.

I thought so, too. It looked like a Gregg Williams-style taking out of Mike Williams.

Alabama looked like it was intentionally trying to take out Watson and Williams on those three hits.
What made it even worse is listening to Herbstreit and Fowler talk about how tough and hard nosed the Alabama defense was playing.
Those hits were neither. They were deliberate and cheap.

Top Bottom