How is green energy made?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
How green energy is made:
Actually, an electrically assisted bike is a great example of something that could be charged by solar panels. It isn't about taking everything off the grid, but some things make sense.

bga1

Reaction score
Actually, an electrically assisted bike is a great example of something that could be charged by solar panels. It isn't about taking everything off the grid, but some things make sense.
Absolutely, a lot of green energy things make sense. Balance. We should be working it in as it is economically feasible on its own merits and the market demands it. Force feeding inefficient technology based on climate change scare tactics is the problem.

Wally

Reaction score
Absolutely, a lot of green energy things make sense. Balance. We should be working it in as it is economically feasible on its own merits and the market demands it. Force feeding inefficient technology based on climate change scare tactics is the problem.

Put a tax on carbon and let the market go to work. Easy.

bga1

Reaction score
Put a tax on carbon and let the market go to work. Easy.
No, numb nuts, that is not a market driven solution. But it is a way to hammer the poor on their energy bills. Brilliant.

Wally

Reaction score
No, numb nuts, that is not a market driven solution. But it is a way to hammer the poor on their energy bills. Brilliant.
No, the Young Republicans have a plan. It's a refundable carbon tax, which means the carbon tax is refunded equally to every person.

If you are poor you will come out ahead, if you fly alot and have a huge house or many houses you will pay out the ass. It's great and it is a Republican solution that utilizes the markets to solve the problem. It is also completely tax neutral, the government gets no money from it

Maybe you should educate yourself.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
I walk into the the largest three turbine, coal burning generation station left, between Indiana, all the way west to China about once a quarter. It is very sad to know the plant is going away in the next 10 years. The 400 workers there that make 100K to 180K a year are all done too. So much for supporting the union man.

That facility cost the ratepayers into the billions in its lifetime and could run for another 50 years, easily. The grid was never in question either.

A lot of transmission infrastructure and clean coal emission system running in the hundreds of millions all lost, all so we can kill our energy sector. Meanwhile China builds coal fed turbines left and right, many with much less emission control. So much for that great plan!
I mentioned awhile back how the Chinese were building more coal plants and I got called out on it. China doesn’t give 2 shits about the environment

Wehatebadgers

Reaction score
I walk into the the largest three turbine, coal burning generation station left, between Indiana, all the way west to China about once a quarter. It is very sad to know the plant is going away in the next 10 years. The 400 workers there that make 100K to 180K a year are all done too. So much for supporting the union man.

That facility cost the ratepayers into the billions in its lifetime and could run for another 50 years, easily. The grid was never in question either.

A lot of transmission infrastructure and clean coal emission system running in the hundreds of millions all lost, all so we can kill our energy sector. Meanwhile China builds coal fed turbines left and right, many with much less emission control. So much for that great plan!
Thanks for the information👍 Your about to be told how dumb we are in…….

Wally

Reaction score
It is very sad to know the plant is going away in the next 10 years. The 400 workers there that make 100K to 180K a year are all done too. So much for supporting the union man.

I am in a Union but isn't what you're saying an entitlement? These people are entitled to their job?

all so we can kill our energy sector
Really our energy sector will be killed?
We are just going to what, stop using electricity?

Wally

Reaction score
I mentioned awhile back how the Chinese were building more coal plants and I got called out on it. China doesn’t give 2 shits about the environment
Lets race China to the bottom, even tho its a false premise.

China is building coal plants, it's probably the only way they can sustain their growth, they are still way behind us in standard of living and want to catch up. That said they are pushing renewable more than we are.

Here is the truth.

China is already leading in renewable energy production figures. It is currently the world's largest producer of wind and solar energy,9 and the largest domestic and outbound investor in renewable energy. Four of the world's five biggest renewable energy deals were made by Chinese companies in 2016.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Lets race China to the bottom, even tho its a false premise.

China is building coal plants, it's probably the only way they can sustain their growth, they are still way behind us in standard of living and want to catch up. That said they are pushing renewable more than we are.

Here is the truth.

China is already leading in renewable energy production figures. It is currently the world's largest producer of wind and solar energy,9 and the largest domestic and outbound investor in renewable energy. Four of the world's five biggest renewable energy deals were made by Chinese companies in 2016.

I give up and tried to delete my posts earlier.... good luck with your Jimmy Carter economy.

Top Bottom