How does "Coach Prime" get away with this?

Kid said:

“The SEC, that’s where I’ve heard it’s at,” Simmons told On3. “The best football, I feel like, is in the SEC.”

:sneaky:

How much was he paid and told to say that? Whatever.
The SEC and its schools have done a great job marketing to future recruits that their best path to the NFL is playing in the SEC. They might be right, it's hard to say. Certainly the most NFL draft picks come out of the SEC, but kind of a chicken or egg argument since they start with more talent. There's a reason Texas A&M is furious about not being the only Texas school in the SEC anymore, it was a big recruiting pitch.

Long story short, I don't think anyone had to pay him to say that, it's what the perception is right now.

One kid out of how many that are attending?

dont-stir-the-pot-kid.gif

That's a reason I wouldn't be surprised one day to hear them ask to be in the B1G.
If Texas and Oklahoma did the calculus, no doubt with political influence too, and decided asking to be in the Big Ten was too much, I can't believe A&M would do it.

Going back to the Big 12 I could more possibly see. Perhaps with Missouri.

In a future where TV money has somewhat dried up.

If Texas and Oklahoma did the calculus, no doubt with political influence too, and decided asking to be in the Big Ten was too much, I can't believe A&M would do it.

Going back to the Big 12 I could more possibly see. Perhaps with Missouri.

In a future where TV money has somewhat dried up.
Texas and OU did ask but B1G didn't want OU. And they wanted to be a package deal.

Top Bottom