How do we matchup against OSU in the rematch?

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I think we are in better shape.

Stroud played well in his first game, and he's playing well now, but getting so many quick TD's with Swenson playing safety is probably easier than when we have a health Howden and Nubin in there (hopefully for the whole game). Dixon should also be healthier avoiding needing Swenson.

Also, Walley will definitely get more play which should help tame the OSU passing attack.

We won't have Mo of course, but we should still be able to run effectively. I think it comes down to Tanner and his ability to be efficient with the passing game.

OSU will have more of their freshman RB who is incredible, but we gave up a big run and a pass play against the OSU backs in the first game.

Gophers win 31-28?

Pisspounded, like any other Big Ten team at this point.

Red herring to compare against the first week of the season. They've progressed a tremendous deal since then.

OSU is on a whole 'nother level compared to the rest of the Conference.

Don't get me wrong - I want to see the Gophers beat Wisconsin.

But, I have no stomach to watch the Gophers get boat-raced by OSU.

In the end, I don't think it matters, because Nebraska is not going to beat Iowa. Nebraska will find a way to shoot themselves in the ass like they do every week.

So, I think the Gopher-Wisc game is for pride and for the Axe - and for a better bowl game.

This is my attempt to build confidence in the team and the fan base.

The one-week Championship seasons didn't work well against Illinois and Iowa, so this week I'm hoping with a "Look past Wisconsin" mindset, our team will play more loose and score easily.

If we go in tight thinking Wisconsin is a big game for us, we'll do another Iowa.

This is my attempt to build confidence in the team and the fan base.

The one-week Championship seasons didn't work well against Illinois and Iowa, so this week I'm hoping with a "Look past Wisconsin" mindset, our team will play more loose and score easily.

If we go in tight thinking Wisconsin is a big game for us, we'll do another Iowa.

Brilliant. Love it!

I don't see how OSU could lose by less than 2 TDs. Earth, Wind and Fire meet Water and get drowned out.

I'd put the line at Gophers by 3 on a neutral field. We are undefeated in Ohio this year, that has to count significantly.

Need another thread breaking down the matchup if they play Michigan. Will we be playing for the Jug? Uniform combos for both teams?
Also would need a Rose bowl preview if we win the Championship game. Oregon or Utah? both look beatable for sure.
Let's do it all!

Love it, it's a bummer we even have to go through motions and play the Wisconsin game as we cast our gaze to securing 3-0 in Indiana.
We just need to fly through this speed bump and keep our eyes on going 3-0 in the games in Indiana season.

Think we’re matching to THE OSU is a joke. Not sure we’ll even pass Wisconsin in Saturday.

No BigTen championship for us.

Won’t happen with Simon at OC or Morgan at QB.

Think we’re matching to THE OSU is a joke. Not sure we’ll even pass Wisconsin in Saturday.

boo-disapprove.gif

Simon is OC? Who is QB, Sanford?

I'm tired of looking at one-game championship seasons. I think it gets into our heads too much against traditional opponents.

That's why we need to look past WI and win easily so we can worry about OSU.
A real Championship.

We've done this "Oh, WI is a big game! Let's make sure we are concentrating on them!" for about 20 years and only won one or two. Quit acting like it's a big game. Just go play them, have fun, and win so we can make Indy plans.

I'm tired of looking at one-game championship seasons. I think it gets into our heads too much against traditional opponents.

A real Championship.

We've done this "Oh, WI is a big game! Let's make sure we are concentrating on them!" for about 20 years and only won one or two. Quit acting like it's a big game. Just go play them, have fun, and win so we can make Indy plans.

You seem to be saying, "Our current approach isn't working. Maybe we should try something else."

Hmmmmm... that's interesting. Certainly worth consideration.

A real Championship.

Give em the Decker nut punch early and burn that clock, we need to rest our guys for Indy.

To answer your question in the title - how do we match up with OSU in the rematch - we don‘t? They would embarrass us.

Top Bottom