How athletic is Rodney? Is he ready for NBA?

bga1

Reaction score
just kidding........

If you doubt he's athletic enough you're fooling yourself. If you think he currently has the basketball skills necessary, you're also fooling yourself.

Rodney is a GREAT LEAPER. He's not great in all "athletic" areas. That is, he's not all that exceptionally quick, particularly laterally. He is certainly not powerful.

His basketball skills are inferior, but as an athlete . . . he can jump high (when there is no contact, traffic).

Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS
Always looking for a fight and full of insults.

Attachment 1234

I've always considered you a troll, probably the biggest on the board.
DP is a GH's #1 Troll.

Originally Posted by dpodoll68
This really is not that hard. The combination of his height and leaping ability in the same person is extremely rare. There is no doubt that he would be among the best in the world if he had taken up high jumping and learned technique from a young age. Do you disagree?
He couldn't even learn the technique of shooting a basketball properly, how could of he learned the skilled technique of high jumping at a "world class" level?

Closed thread? How about block the troll DP! And all his other monikers! Why would Gopher Lady and admin protect this troll!

He might be in the olympics as a high jumper so no NBA...

I have no other monikers. Never have, never will. And I have yet to hear any explanations of how I am trolling. Furthermore, why should GH care what a nobody like you thinks? Thanks in advance!

Yippee...This has the makings of another pissing contest. That's OK...pissing contests keep me employed as Supervisor of Referees.

Rodney

As usual, Facts34 has it right. Rodney is a decent college player that hopefully will give us a good 11 to 15 minutes a game and make a few critical plays during the year. I'm glad we have him. However, he's not a great athlete, and he's a very ordinary ( on the division 1 level) basketball talent. EVERY team on the divison 1 level has 1 or 2 leapers like Rodney and most of them are much better players. Open your eyes! This whole 'Rodney is leaving for the NBA a year early because he's such an incredible talent' is a running joke a work. I'm hoping Rodney finishes off a solid college basketball career at the U and takes his classroom work very seriously. The NBA is not in his future.

he's not a great athlete

Wrong.

he's a very ordinary ( on the division 1 level) basketball talent

Agreed. I would even go so far as to call him less-than-ordinary in terms of basketball talent.

EVERY team on the divison 1 level has 1 or 2 leapers like Rodney

Unbelievably incorrect.

This whole 'Rodney is leaving for the NBA a year early because he's such an incredible talent' is a running joke a work.

Who on Earth ever said that?!?!?

Should all the Olympic "world class" high jumpers be in the NBA?

Yes! But only if they had learned the proper techniques from a young age.

Two things:

1) First, I do place great blame on dpodoll68 for something. Again yesterday I heard Lindsay Whalen on the radio and immediately went into "you know" count mode. Forevermore I will be unable to comprehend what she is saying, concentrating instead on keeping an accurate "you know" tally.

2) Rodney will be fine. He'll be an above average player this year and if he doesn't get major minutes (higher than 25/game), this team is in trouble. As a senior, hopefully he'll be able to truly embrace a leadership role and have an impressive season.

As usual, Facts34 has it right. Rodney is a decent college player that hopefully will give us a good 11 to 15 minutes a game and make a few critical plays during the year. I'm glad we have him. However, he's not a great athlete, and he's a very ordinary ( on the division 1 level) basketball talent. EVERY team on the divison 1 level has 1 or 2 leapers like Rodney and most of them are much better players. Open your eyes! This whole 'Rodney is leaving for the NBA a year early because he's such an incredible talent' is a running joke a work. I'm hoping Rodney finishes off a solid college basketball career at the U and takes his classroom work very seriously. The NBA is not in his future.

I'm actually a little bit embarrassed for you after reading this statement.

Why are so many people denying that Rodney is athletic?

Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS
Always looking for a fight and full of insults.

Attachment 1234

I've always considered you a troll, probably the biggest on the board.
DP is a GH's #1 Troll.

Originally Posted by dpodoll68
This really is not that hard. The combination of his height and leaping ability in the same person is extremely rare. There is no doubt that he would be among the best in the world if he had taken up high jumping and learned technique from a young age. Do you disagree?
He couldn't even learn the technique of shooting a basketball properly, how could of he learned the skilled technique of high jumping at a "world class" level?

Closed thread? How about block the troll DP! And all his other monikers! Why would Gopher Lady and admin protect this troll!

Give it a rest. You have no clue.

Anyone who can jump like Rodney is very athletic.Come on, you can say what you want about his ball skills but skywalkers like him are few and far between.

That's the best you have to add? I agree if you find a troll kill that #$%#$%

Your posts don't really make sense, but keep trying and one day you will make a concise point.

Man, the basketball board has been infested with dumb posters lately.

Top Bottom