How about a hand for Jedd Fisch and Adam Weber

EG#9

Reaction score
Very impressive night from both Fisch and Weber. I loved the increased emphasis on throwing the ball DOWN THE FIELD. Green made a play, Stoudermire made a play, Tow-Arnett made a play, McKnight made a play, and Bennett made a play. I couldn't believe we could get so much single coverage down the field when our running game was so inept. This would be an A plus game for Fisch if not for the strange pitch to Whaley before we were forced to punt with about 2 minutes left. Adam did a great job of giving guys a chance to make a play down the field and scrambled for at least one key first down. This was the type of performance from Weber, and our playmakers not named Decker, that we thought would happen far more frequently this year.

Greatest game to be at this year in person. Wow great atmospher. Gotta give it up, Web played great!

Very impressive night from both Fisch and Weber. I loved the increased emphasis on throwing the ball DOWN THE FIELD. Green made a play, Stoudermire made a play, Tow-Arnett made a play, McKnight made a play, and Bennett made a play. I couldn't believe we could get so much single coverage down the field when our running game was so inept. This would be an A plus game for Fisch if not for the strange pitch to Whaley before we were forced to punt with about 2 minutes left. Adam did a great job of giving guys a chance to make a play down the field and scrambled for at least one key first down. This was the type of performance from Weber, and our playmakers not named Decker, that we thought would happen far more frequently this year.

Plus 1, sir.

Absolute breakthrough game for Fisch & the entire team. Fisch showed that he can create a new game strategy on short notice. McKnight, Carter and Cooper among others showed just how deep this team is and the kinds of talent we have behind our starters.

We may look back in a month and marvel at this game. Plus a huge positive for our recruiting efforts.

Great thread/post. Fisch and Webs deserve a ton of credit. The only play call I couldn't figure was the pitch to KW before the roughing the kicker penalty. TAs second TD was a brilliant play call, as I've been told by Dinardo.

By the way, Weber's play action was fantastic.

All penalties aside...and the officiating was aweful...this is without a doubt the best game plan we have had on offense all year and the best execution by our offense.

We found the matchups, the zones, good pass protection and superb play making. Webers best game as a gopher IMO.

No doubt, Fisch called a really good game tonight! And Weber did a great job overall, his play fakes were very well done, especially on play-action deep. This was the best offensive gameplan that I have seen from a Gopher team that I can remember (including some of those 400+ rushing games under Mason et al.).

I still think some of Fisch's calls (and not just the ones that don't work) are odd. Couldn't understand Whaley going wide on first-and-ten from the MSU 12 relatively late in the game. I guess I don't like going against trend on 1st-and-10, especially not deep in the other team's territory. Of course, it did work on the first play from scrimmage tonight and Fisch clearly knows more than I do, so I'll let it rest a bit.

But overall, execution (aside from the penalties) was better and Green and McKnight really stepped it up. Tow-Arnett did extremely well also, but I figured he'd play a larger role in Decker's absence.

I still think some of Fisch's calls (and not just the ones that don't work) are odd. Couldn't understand Whaley going wide on first-and-ten from the MSU 12 relatively late in the game. I guess I don't like going against trend on 1st-and-10, especially not deep in the other team's territory. Of course, it did work on the first play from scrimmage tonight and Fisch clearly knows more than I do, so I'll let it rest a bit.

But overall, execution (aside from the penalties) was better and Green and McKnight really stepped it up. Tow-Arnett did extremely well also, but I figured he'd play a larger role in Decker's absence.

I think the downside to Fisch being young is that sometimes he gets too creative (that unbalanced line pitch on 3rd down at the end of the game is a good example). Its something that he can learn from (hopefully). :)

All and all a great game for Fisch, Weber, and the offense.

Hats off to Jed Fisch

Beat me to it. The man called a great game today and the Rodents executed.

The key to Weber's success was the play of the offensive line. Great protection.

We don't need to work on penalties. We're the best in the country at penalties.

I think the downside to Fisch being young is that sometimes he gets too creative (that unbalanced line pitch on 3rd down at the end of the game is a good example). Its something that he can learn from (hopefully). :)

All and all a great game for Fisch, Weber, and the offense.

I think it was the third time we had the ball. We gained nine yards on two running plays. Then we got a five yard penalty with motion just as we were going to sneak Gray. I thought Weber was in the game looking to the sideline as the ball was snapped. What the hell happened? Was it supposed to be a trick play? Were they simply screwed up? Did I imagine all this?

Excellent work tonight from Fisch, Davis, Weber, the OL, the Receiving Corps, Bennett, and plenty of others.

I think it was the third time we had the ball. We gained nine yards on two running plays. Then we got a five yard penalty with motion just as we were going to sneak Gray. I thought Weber was in the game looking to the sideline as the ball was snapped. What the hell happened? Was it supposed to be a trick play? Were they simply screwed up? Did I imagine all this?

Forgot about that one. That was a trick play. Again, VERY creative. Just not the right time to use it.

Those face palms aside, Fisch called a great game and Weber and the O executed it well.

Weber

GREAT game from Adam Weber. Talk about a kid that keeps his head down and works hard. I'm glad he had a big time game.

It was nice to see this. Just what the doctor ordered.

Top Bottom