Houston

gophersfan

Reaction score
Will they can kiss there bcs dream goodbye. getting dismantle at home in the Conference usa title game to Southern Miss. 49-21.

Conference USA down $12-14,000,000 after that loss, if not more.

Does Boise? I forget how the rules work for non-AQ, but I thought the top-ranked non-AQ (if in the top 10 or whatever) gets a bid.

Does Boise? I forget how the rules work for non-AQ, but I thought the top-ranked non-AQ (if in the top 10 or whatever) gets a bid.

The non-AQ's have to be conference champs, and TCU already clinched the MWC.

Total domination by SMU. Just wondering, did Fedora get an interview with Maturi?

Total domination by MSU. Just wondering, did Fedora get an interview with Maturi?
I do seem to recall him getting an interview. I could be wrong though. As of right now, I think he'll have his pick of the ASU, North Carolina, Mississippi, UCLA or Kansas jobs (or Mississippi St if Mullen leaves).

There was a poster (I think his moniker was CrazyJoeDavola) who was wired in to the possibility of Fedora getting an interview during last year's coaching search.

Probably true...and sadly exemplifies the folly that is major college sport.

All the incentives are to ensure that Houston won this game. It's surprising that somehow that fact alone didn't end up in a Houston "win".

Fedora may have put himself into the picture at Texas A&M, which is pretty sweet, considering he's a native of College Station.

We'll see how that works out. Maybe great, maybe not. Given the D's at LSU, Alabama, and the ability of the other offense oriented coaches in that league, Richt, Spurrier, etc., should be an exciting time for aTm.
I really do not understand signing up for the SEC unless you are willing to suspend constraints on your FB program. I don't really see either Mizzou or ATm as being the folks willing to do that.

I assume C-USA has the same setup the B1G has where the school going to the bowl gets half and the other half is split amongst the remaining schools. If that was the case, Fedora cost his school approximately $600,000 by winning the game. Southern Miss probably gets the same bowl invite either way since Houston would have automatically gone to the BCS. While I don't think any conference or school would throw a game because of that type of money, it does create an interesting situation where it's almost a conflict of interest.

I assume C-USA has the same setup the B1G has where the school going to the bowl gets half and the other half is split amongst the remaining schools. If that was the case, Fedora cost his school approximately $600,000 by winning the game. Southern Miss probably gets the same bowl invite either way since Houston would have automatically gone to the BCS. While I don't think any conference or school would throw a game because of that type of money, it does create an interesting situation where it's almost a conflict of interest.

Yeah, but he may have made himself a significant amount of money with that win in the form of a shiny new contract with a BCS school.

Top Bottom