Houston QB Case Keenum throws for 534 yds and 9 TDs vs. Rice tonight

Saw a tweet that read: Case Keenum is better at real football than you are at video games.

If he didn't play for Houston(who'll probably run the table), he'd have more coverage.

1. If Tyron Carrier doesn't return the opening kickoff 100 yards, he could have had 10 TD passes.
2. Patrick Edwards had 7 receptions for 318 yards and 5 TDs. That's just as impressive as Keenum's numbers.
3. No matter the competition, Keenum's numbers this year are sick.

Where is the outrage over Houston running up the score and Keenum throwing a 47 yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter? The Nebraska in-game thread here a poster called it classless that Nebraska was passing up 34-0, in the first half!

Where is the outrage over Houston running up the score and Keenum throwing a 47 yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter? The Nebraska in-game thread here a poster called it classless that Nebraska was passing up 34-0, in the first half!
Hmmmm...perhaps b/c:
1) Minnesota (the team getting beaten) is our favorite team
2) We don't care about Rice

Weird how being a fan works huh?

First thing I thought of was it was classless. He's got the entire season to break and build on the record. Total dick move.

If Houston were to even have a chance to crash the BCS party, they would have to win out with style points.

Wonder if he translates to the next level. Don't think I've watched him play outside of these ridiculous highlights. Kind of reminds me of Gabbert, who happened to suck on Monday Night Football

Jerry Glanville is probably really, really mad this morning.

People need to remove the term "classless" from their vocabulary.

I don't know if this was classless or not, but I don't see why we should remove the word from our vocabulary.

It doesn't really bother me very much either way. I thought it was Bert being Bert when he went for 2 against the Gophers, but I didn't really care all that much. If it makes him feel better about himself in those situations, I say go ahead, I think there is a higher chance it results in something negative than the zero percent chance it could actually help you (by running up the score). For me, the only things that stick out as being really bad are going for two and calling trick plays. I had zero issue with Nebraska throwing the football (except having to witness Martinez's delivery), even deep into the third quarter. They should be allowed to run their offense. Houston actually called off the dogs as well. His 9th TD was thrown with about 11 minutes left in the game and they brought in their backups and actually ran the ball quite a bit (for Houston) in the second half.

Watched the game...idk classless? Maybe...I would've started running the ball more, but that's just me. Although rice did keep scoring soooo might be able to make that argument. In other news Case Keenum rated a 5.0 2* by rivals. Now I know it's rice and Conf. U.S.A. but damn those numbers are nuts against anybody. Didn't look very two star to me. Pretty old though, I'm sure he's progressed a lot since high school.

Hmmmm...perhaps b/c:
1) Minnesota (the team getting beaten) is our favorite team
2) We don't care about Rice

Weird how being a fan works huh?

I didn't think being a fan meant that watching a team execute their offense up 34-0 in the first half called for claims of classlessness and running up the score. That was what I was trying to point out.

Top Bottom