Horton here during Holtz/Darville scandal

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Not saying he had anything to do with it but I would stay away from this coach
Horton just for the fact that he was on staff as a GA when Lou Holtz and Luther Darville
were running amok in the athletic department. Even though Maturi seems to be in love with
promoting all things badger these days this is a dude I would stay away from. Anyone that was on staff then had to know of Lou's bag man and the recruiting violations that had occured or were occuring under Holtz including Gutey. Not at the same level as Williams the former basketball coach but could still be linked to that Holtz regime. May be a good coach but I would have to say we do not need any connections to the past when it come's to being on probation.

Not saying he had anything to do with it but I would stay away from this coach
Horton just for the fact that he was on staff as a GA when Lou Holtz and Luther Darville
were running amok in the athletic department. Even though Maturi seems to be in love with
promoting all things badger these days this is a dude I would stay away from. Anyone that was on staff then had to know of Lou's bag man and the recruiting violations that had occured or were occuring under Holtz including Gutey. Not at the same level as Williams the former basketball coach but could still be linked to that Holtz regime. May be a good coach but I would have to say we do not need any connections to the past when it come's to being on probation.

He was a GA? That is like not hiring an intern of Arthur Andersen because the firm audited Enron. Outside of watching film and maybe helping to recruit a punter/kicker, GA's are not active in recruiting.

Rediculous gopherdudepart2

As someone that was ACTUALLY there, you have no idea what you are talking about. It is so damn funny that you post it here like you have any clue or expertise.

Now, I think it would be a terrible thing to hire the guy personally, if the guy is hired that means Brew can really see the diamond in him and HE WILL BE THE BEST HIRE FOR THE PROGRAM.

The closest thing we had to a bag man was Randy Taylor as he WAS Mike White's bag man at Illinois when Brew was playing. Everyone deserves a second chance!!!

Top Bottom