Horor Movies!

IceBoxGopher

Reaction score
Just in time for Halloween, a thread for horror movies! What are your favorites? What have you been watching this October?
My favorites:
Horror of Dracula
Psycho
Night of the Living Dead
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street III
From Dusk Till Dawn
Trick R Treat
The Crazies
Cabin in the Woods
Happy Death Day
Hereditary
It Follows

What I've watched this October:
Hell Night (1981)
Pieces (1982)
Sorority Babes and the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
Chopping Block (1986)
Screamtime (1983)

Not that it's my favorite necessarily, but I really enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses.

Over the last couple weekends, we watched A Quiet Place and Bird Box and enjoyed both a lot, particularly liked A Quiet Place. Tonight feels like a good time to rewatch Psycho.

Definitely second Cabin in the Woods. Super unique in a very good way. I loved It Part One. Part Two was not nearly as good.

Are you sure you're not referring to Chopping Mall (not block)? I watched that a few months back. Super tacky.....which I can appreciate.

Definitely second Cabin in the Woods. Super unique in a very good way. I loved It Part One. Part Two was not nearly as good.

Are you sure you're not referring to Chopping Mall (not block)? I watched that a few months back. Super tacky.....which I can appreciate.
Haha yes I did mean Chopping Mall! Not sure why I wrote block. Yes I did, it was pretty cheesy, but a fun one to watch with a couple beers.

I prefer the older horror and monster movies from the 1930's & 40's - the classic Universal Monsters.

Actually, one I watched today was "Island of Lost Souls" from 1932. based on H.G. Wells' 'The Island of Dr. Moreau.'

Starring Charles Laughton in a deranged performance as a sadist who performs experiments on animals to turn them into quasi-human creatures.

and the movie "Freaks" from 1932 is up there. Directed by Tod Browning (who also directed the original 'Dracula" and a number of silent movies with Lon Chaney, Sr.)
Freaks was very controversial and was banned in many markets. the movie shows actual circus sideshow 'freaks' and features a famous ending where the freaks take their revenge on a 'normal' woman who tried to swindle a midget out of his money.

Anything with Karloff in it is also good.

I prefer suspenseful horror movies over the gory/slasher -- movies like from M. Night Shamalama. Signs, The Happening, The Village are all really good, IMO.

Top Bottom