Honest Question

MUgopher32

Reaction score
Why did dear ole Richard start fricking Elliot and Buggs?

Is it an on going drug problem? Family member being held hostage and that was the ransom? Trying to lose? Tactic to slay his bookies wallet?

That's all I got. Anyone got anything more reasonable?

Another honest question. Even in our wildest nightmares, before the season started did any Gopher fan think it possible the Gophers would be 3 games behind Rutgers and Northwestern (in the loss column) 5 games into the conference season? That really stings.

All the Gophers can do is keep plugging away. Still plenty of games to be won, just not as many as we were expecting before the season started. There's still time to have some joys on this journey. Beat Rutgers.

Is it an on going drug problem? Family member being held hostage and that was the ransom? Trying to lose? Tactic to slay his bookies wallet?

Who else was he going to start in order to switch up the lineup? Neither of them were on the floor when Iowa hit the winning shot so who cares?

Who else was he going to start in order to switch up the lineup? Neither of them were on the floor when Iowa hit the winning shot so who cares?[/QUOTE Hate to tell ya but but if Gophs started their best 5 and did not dig a hole ..the winning shot opportunity for Iowa would not have existed. Games are not about one shot

Who starts is less important than who finishes. Who was in the game for the last 5 minutes?

Who else was he going to start in order to switch up the lineup? Neither of them were on the floor when Iowa hit the winning shot so who cares?[/QUOTE Hate to tell ya but but if Gophs started their best 5 and did not dig a hole ..the winning shot opportunity for Iowa would not have existed. Games are not about one shot

When you lose by 2 points, the game was about one everything.

Hate to tell ya but but if Gophs started their best 5 and did not dig a hole ..the winning shot opportunity for Iowa would not have existed. Games are not about one shot

You mean the same starting five that dug them holes in previous games? They weren't in a hole when they were up 5 with a few minutes to play.

Maybe if they start their best 5 though the starters don't play with fire in the second half and we still lose? Who knows.

This is a rebuilding year now. Let's enjoy the ride maybe we can play spoiler in a few games.the pressure is off for the ncaa tournament.

This is a rebuilding year now. Let's enjoy the ride maybe we can play spoiler in a few games.the pressure is off for the ncaa tournament.

I really hope they don't have this same defeatist attitude. I just said in another thread they won't be in the tournament without turning stuff around. But who in the B1G can't we beat? Wisconsin, who lost to Rutgers? So far we have lost three games we are favored in in the B1G and not upset anybody. If we can fix our attitude and effort (talent hasn't seemed to be the problem, we dominated several of these teams for extended stretches), why can't we win out the games we are favored in and pull off three upsets of our own? Turnabouts fair play. The bar for this team coming into the season was the NCAA tournament. That is where it should be now, and that is what they should be measured against at the end of the year.

I really hope they don't have this same defeatist attitude. I just said in another thread they won't be in the tournament without turning stuff around. But who in the B1G can't we beat? Wisconsin, who lost to Rutgers? So far we have lost three games we are favored in in the B1G and not upset anybody. If we can fix our attitude and effort (talent hasn't seemed to be the problem, we dominated several of these teams for extended stretches), why can't we win out the games we are favored in and pull off three upsets of our own? Turnabouts fair play. The bar for this team coming into the season was the NCAA tournament. That is where it should be now, and that is what they should be measured against at the end of the year.

Well said.

Of course, right now, we are looking at 0-5 in the B1G. However, this is what practice is for so that we can change the standings as we move forward and begin to pile up wins. This team isn't horrible. It's just been unable to figure out how to finish games with more points than the opponents. I think I read that we've been within 5 points or less in 4 out of the 5 losses. We are competitive. We just have to figure out how to value possessions and make baskets/freethrows when they are critical down the stretch.

I think the Gophers can win eight games in conference with the remaining schedule, but it will be really, really tough. Winning on the road is difficult in this league, so the fact that we're already down two home games is concerning. But the good thing is, our next six games are in the winnable category which could snowball into some confidence for the guys. The game @ Nebraska could prove to be a big, big swing point for this team (assuming they can take down Rutgers this weekend).

Games I expect to win:
vs Rutgers
vs Purdue
vs Penn State
vs Northwestern

Games that are probably toss-ups:
@ Nebraska
vs Illinois
@ Penn State
vs Nebraska

Games I expect we'll lose:
@ Iowa
@ Indiana
@ Wisconsin
@ Michigan State
vs Wisconsin

Who else was he going to start in order to switch up the lineup? Neither of them were on the floor when Iowa hit the winning shot so who cares?

Just Mason? That's all that was needed. When you are losing games, starting worse players is never a good idea. Sorry, but it isn't.

We were down 10-2 before most people could sit down and start watching. The first play they passed it down low for a wide open layup while the two clown shows were still figuring out they were in the middle of playing a game.

Starting that lineup and sitting Morris so much in the second half was inexcusable. Rick is probably shaking his head saying "this is not what I taught him".

Making free throws in the last 4 minutes has been one of our biggest problems not who starts!

They've had 4 'coin flip' games. Logic says they should be 2-3. But they lost them all. Over the course of the season, this should even out, in theory. But the problem is this is the Gophers we're talking about and it rarely does.

All of us experts have all solutions. Unfortunately, there are no free agents available who could help us.

I had no problem starting Buggs. I DID have a problem starting Buggs over Morris, instead of over King.

I had no problem starting Buggs. I DID have a problem starting Buggs over Morris, instead of over King.

+1. And it was nice to see him muscle down some rebounds last night. If Konate/Diedhou aren't ready, Buggs should start at the 4. King should be saved for the 'white guy who comes off the bench and chucks 3's' role.

Sorry, but those aren't serious questions. They're also pointless and witless. You asked. I answered.

Top Bottom