Homecoming game set for Illinois on Oct. 21

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

The University of Minnesota football team will host Illinois on Oct. 21, 2017, as part of the school's Homecoming festivities.

The contest will be Minnesota's 97th Homecoming game and 11th against Illinois. The Gophers are 57-36-3 all-time in Homecoming games and have won their last three games (39-38 victory against Purdue in 2014; 27-24 against Ohio in 2015 and 34-32 against Rutgers in 2016).

Minnesota is 5-4-1 all-time against Illinois on Homecoming and the schools last met on Homecoming in 2007. The Gophers last beat Illinois on Homecoming in 2004, when it won 45-0.

Minnesota's most common Homecoming opponent is Northwestern (8-8-2 record) and is followed by Iowa (10-3-0 record) and Michigan (6-7-0 record).

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011117aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Anyone know who the announcers will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only at the U. We'd hate to let people tailgate in the afternoon, much better in the morning's 40 degree weather.

I think the issue is that we can opt for an 11am game under the TV contracts but not a 2:30 game or prime time game because the networks get to decide those (this is what I surmise...I haven't reviewed the contracts).

There are a LOT of events at the U Homecoming Saturday for which the planning is reliant on knowing when the game will be so just leaving it up to the networks 1-2 weeks before the game isn't an option.

Only at the U. We'd hate to let people tailgate in the afternoon, much better in the morning's 40 degree weather.

I always thought the 11 am start for homecoming played into doing some night time activities later, hockey or something....

I always thought the 11 am start for homecoming played into doing some night time activities later.....

We had breakfast at a buddies, and I parked at the Fair lot for free (no need to pay if you aren't tailgating) for Rutgers. Lost revenue for the U.

Seriously? Jay, I get you like to know who the announcers are, but we may not know for 9 months. Let's get through January weather first buddy.

I was wondering what the point spread is going to be. Can we cover that?

Top Bottom